VI

"H-hold on!" I said, walking over to here, about to scold her. "You never mentioned training this morning!"

"I didn't?" She questioned.

"No!"

"Oh. Well, you two are awake now. So we can get started."

"Alright!" Elliot said, shoving me away a bit as he gets his wooden sword. "This is going to be so cool! I'm going to be just like dad!"

Mom giggles. "I'm sure you will."

"Hang on a moment!" I said. Elliot sighed at my postponing.

"What is it dear?"

"I was never informed, I'm not ready!"

"Too bad!"

"Shut up Elliot!"

"Both of you hush." Mom demanded. We both stood quiet but glared at each other.

"Elli, why are you against this? Do you not want me to teach you the ways of magic?"

"She doesn't like the fact that she was wrong and I was right." Elliot huffed. I growled at him a bit, yet again he was right.

"Elli." I looked back at her. "This is foolishness. There's no reason to be upset about being wrong. Everyone is wrong, its okay."

"That's not the problem. I am not ready for this training so early in the morning. Can't we do this later? When I am wide awake and not cranky?"

"No!" Elliot answered. I ignored him.

"I am sorry dear, but I cannot. I have to go to a meeting later in the town. Go wash up your face and prepare yourself. This is the only time I am doing this."

I frowned, staying there for a moment before walking back in the house to do what I was told. This isn't fair I thought. I bet dad didn't have to go through this.

After hours of training, Elliot and I collapsed on the floor, panting so hard. Our chests were burning, our arms were hurting, our legs felt so weak. Yet, our mother stood over us, watching us "die".

"Wow, you guys are so weak. I think I need to stop giving you dessert."

"W-what do you expect, this is our first session!" I panted out.

"Oh please, your father didn't go through this. He lasted about eight hours."

"And how long has it b-been?" Elliot asked, trying to get up.

Mom looked up at the sky, which was yellowish blue.

"About four hours."

We groaned. We are failures. I successfully got up, using my staff for support.

"S-sorry mom..."

"Hey, don't sweat it. Just go back inside, shower and rest. I'll make some food for you two and then I'll be off. Come on." She flicked her finger upwards, her magic surrounding us, lifting our bodies off of the floor. She then walked inside, her floating kids following behind her.

I can honestly say, I have never been so tired in my life. I truly did wonder if dad ever went through such horrible training. When we entered the living room, she set us down on the couch to lay on. After that, we both knocked out as soon as our eyes closed.

The memory, now stored into my brain. Remembering the pain, the sweat, and the energy i have to restore after hours to start the training process over. That's how you get stronger, after all.