V

ELLI

At the crack of dawn, I felt something shake my arm, which traveled to my whole body, which caused me to awake from my 10 hour sleep. My eyes were blurry for a good moment, but I was able to recognize who was shaking me. My twin obnoxious brother stared down at me, with excitement. I groaned as I blinked many times to get my vision in check. 

"Wake up, Elli!" He shook me again.

That's when my groaning got louder, and I pushed him back. I turned my back to the wall to face him, glaring at him. 

"Elliot....It's too...early. The birds aren't even awake. What. Do. You.Want."

"Mom's going to train us, remember?" 

I raised my eyebrow at him. "What foolishness are you speaking about. She didn't say anything about training."

"That's what she told me." 

"Bah." I shooed him away, turning my back to him. "Foolishness." 

"You go ask her then!" He harshly whispered. I got up; Challenge accepted. I got up to my feet and walked to mom's room, knowing he was walking behind me. I love proving Elliot wrong. It makes me feel proud, that not only I have mom's stubbornness and her hair, but I have dad's smarts. When I knocked twice on moms door, I opened it. I expected her to be laying down, sleeping. But no. her room was empty. Elliot laughed, while I was now wide awake, angry.

"Looks like the daughter is wrong~" 

"SHUT UP." I said, storming out and searching for her, calling her. I checked the kitchen; she wasnt there. I checked the bathroom: She wasnt there. I checked the backyard, she was there, holding two wooden swords in her hands. Oh god. No...I WAS wrong! I walked over to her. 

"Mom, what is going on?? Elliot wakes me up and tells me foolishness." I asked anyway, hoping she was going to change her answer. She turns to me, with a determined looked, and gives me a wooden sword. 

"You are going to learn how to be a knight." 

"Say WHAT?!"

Yup.....I was wrong.