XIV

I remember my fair share in libraries. When I was a speck, I loved coming here to pick out some good books in many different genres. Romance, Sci-fi, a fairies' tale- any genre you could think of. Father introduced us to some of them. And now, their pretty popular all around. Especially romance; which is popular in Queensland. Now years have passed, and I've grown out of reading. I already knew so much, and there was nothing left to read.

"It's so dark..." Elliot whispered as we walked deeper into the place.

"Yeah...I never expected it to be so dark..."

"So...What book are we looking for again?"

"A black book I think- any book that talks about the Korpse, really."

"Got'cha..." He says as he turned towards the spiral stairs. "I'll check up here."

"Alright...I'll check down here." Thus, we departed and began our book hunt.

To tell you the truth, I never felt so scandalous in my life. Usually I'd scold my brother for doing stuff like this. I will continue. I feel so bad...for being part of something like this. But anything to help my father...

An hour went by as the search continued and so far, we didn't find it yet. Each tick of the clock surrounds the empty space; we knew time was quickening; we were losing time. Moments later, a louder tick echoed. It was very late. In perfect timing, we both ended up in the same asile. I sighed a bit in the coincidence. It wasn't very helpful seeing his hands empty.

"Nothing..." Elliot whispered.

"I can see that..." I whispered back.

A small moment of silence, we heard mumbling coming from the west chambers. We both turned our heads towards the metal door. Slowly, to prevent sound, I walked. Until I was near the door, I quickly turned my back to the fully closed one, by the side of the slightly opened. The light was on, and I heard desperate whispering. I moved a tiny bit closer to the opening to look inside. I saw my mother, in her night gown but covered with her navy blue sparkle-lace scarf, talking to the librarian.

"Norm, please...I need the book."

"I am sorry My lady, but I was asked by the Councilmen to keep it away."

"But I am-"

"That means from you, even if you are part of the council."

"Please...My husband- my husband needs me! He's in danger, he'll DIE again!"

"Again?"

"Please...I'll pay you gold...I'll do anything..." She sounded very desperate.
Again?

The librarian stood quiet, with a disappointed expression. "I am sorry. I cannot."

"Please..." She dropped to her knees, clenching at his robe.

"Counciler!"

"Please..." her voice cracked. "M-my husband....the father of my children....I need that book!"

"Please get up!"

"Solarious!" She looked up at him. From the beam of the light, the speck of light shined on her tears. "Please..."

I spaced out from her begging as I noticed my brother slowly walking towards the black book that was in the shelf that was hidden by another. In my throat, I wanted to scream out his name. But obviously I can't do that. So, I remained quiet and watched. He turned to the door, waving to get my attention as he pulled the book out of the shelf. I smiled at the completed task, but jumped at the sudden noise of books falling from the shelf that was held up by the black book itself. Crap.

"What was that?" The old man said as he was walking to the inner way to the shelf.

Elliot gave me a "help me!" look, and I responded by using my power to lift up a barrier in front of them. The old man bumped into it, quickly looking around before gazing at the blue wall.

"What is this!?" He turned to my mother, who quickly got up.

"It wasn't me!"

As they spoke, Elliot ran out the room and I followed.

"Those kids!!"

"Elliot! Eliana!!" My mother screamed our names. We ran out of the chambers and towards the entrance, but we stopped abruptly from seeing our darling uncle standing in front of it. His arms were crossed and he had a look of disappointment.

"And where do you think you're going with that book?" He said calmly.

We didn't say anything. We just took a step back; Elliot clenching his arms around it.

He sighs and uncrosses his arms, reaching his hand for it. "Give me the book, El."

"No way."

"Give it here."

"No!" I replied. "This is the only way!"

"For what? To meddle into things that you don't understand?"

"We do understand!"

"No, you don't! You'll just believe anything that comes out of our mouths!" He shouted so loud, his voice echoed.

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is. Because you are gullible ten year olds! You're not old enough to understand." He said, walking towards us, his arm still reached out to the book. "You are not old enough to help. Now, be good little kids and give me the book, and I'll take you home, and just maybe you won't be grounded for a very long time.

I stared at his hand and looked at Elliot. His hands were shaking a bit. He gave him a glare that spoke for him, but he slowly moved his arms to give him the book. I looked away, feeling myself crying. We failed...

"I don't understand...." I mumbled. Elliot stopped and they both looked at me. I felt it.

"What?" Uncle said.

"I don't..." I felt my arms shaking. I glared at him. "UNDERSTAND!!" I shouted at him, my voice echoing now.

He stared at me a bit surprised.

"We want to help, and you won't let us! You're not even giving us a chance!"

"We don't need to because we already know!"

"Know what, that you don't trust us!?"

"Yes!"

I stood quiet, feeling hurt.

"You are not qualified to even hold a damn sword right. What makes you think you can travel around half of this planet to find your dad? You're just a kid. Nothing. More. Give me. The book, Elliot."

"No." I replied for him. I snatch the book away. "You're not getting this book!"

He goes to snatch it, but I moved away, casting a magnetic spell on the ground. His body slammed onto the ground. Thanks gravity. I gave the book to Elliot again, spreading my wings to prepare to take off. I didn't think this through since Elliot was also on the ground and I never flew before. But, it's a chance that I can take. I pull him off the floor and flew towards the door. I wasn't a straight flyer, but I managed to stay off the ground. Elliot lifted his legs up to hold on the knob with his feet, so I could move back so it can open. Uncle shouted for my mother's name as he tried to get up. Once the door was open, I flew us both out and into the night sky, heading home.