IX

The remaining night has been nothing but a nuisance, for I have not gotten any sleep. Just thinking of where I was, and wondering what I did keep me scared, and awake. To think that this illness is causing me to turn dangerous and disgusting. Drenched in the bitter black. I know, that is not who I am. But the obstacles that I have gone through for four years have turned me into the devil's child. I remained awake until the sun came up; laying down in the same position for eight hours. Never, in my high school days have I ever experienced this type of insomnia.

Once the sun came up, I slowly sat up, rubbing my hands on my face. I felt so tired. I felt my wife shift in her sleep before turning herself towards me.

"Dan...You okay?" She asked so sleepily.

"No."

"Didn't sleep?" She sat up.

I shook my head. I knew she was frowning but she couldn't do a damn thing.

"Is there anything for me to help...?"

I shrugged.

"Dante, be serious."

I turned my head to her, giving her a look.

"...Excuse me???"

"Screw your head together, think of there is anything I can do to help."

"I heard you—but what do you mean be serious? I am serious- my life is on the line here."

She rolls her eyes. "You don't think I know that? You're over here being all sad and depressed for yourself, this isn't the time for that you can do that on your own time. Right now, you need to relax, and try to think what is there to do right now."

"You don't think I know that?"

"Obviously you don't if your acting this way."

"Woman-"

"Oh god, come on." Jason said as he walked in. "This isn't the time for fighting right now. As a matter of fact, it's too early for it."

I sighed heavily, trying to keep my temper in check. I didn't want to start a fight, but she never thinks about what she's going to say before saying it. Jason sits down on the bed, patting my hand.

"Don't worry too much about it bro. Your safe for now."

"Until I end up ripping someone's throat. Yeah, I am great." I said sarcastically.

"Look man...how about we go visit that old hag again?"

"That's too far of a walk. I need to be here for my family."

"What choice do we have? Do you want to be cured?"

"Yes, but we could have gotten rid of this when we were over there. He barely pulled it out enough to see it through my skin."

"It's still something."

I shook my head. "I'd rather not. I'll think of something for now." I stood up, and reached for my shirt to put it on.

"I think you should stay home today." Keera mentioned.

"No thanks."

"What do you mean no mister."

"Don't give me that crap, Keera."

"It's not crap!"

"Guys..." Jason warned.