IV . V

DANTE

Pain, is a feeling that one possess on a tough situation. No matter if it is to you directly, or indirectly, it will always find a way to hurt you. Because that's what it does. I aggressively pant in the dim darkness. A strong burning sensation in my chest, and in my throat. Beads of sweat roll down of the sides of my head, to my bear abdomen. As weird as it is, I wasn't doing any physical activity. I was so tired, I just wanted to collapse.

"What, this is all you can handle? This is just phase one, friend!" Old man Kizis Cade, the legendary 'therapist' in this era.

"Listen kid, it is very rare for people like himself to have this type of job. One must simply force the dark shards of inside of you, and let it pierce through your flesh and blood. You cannot see it, but it feels like giving birth from your arms, hands, or head!"

"Is...it working...?" I try to speak.

"Not for you, no. Because you are not letting it come out!" He lashed out, annoyed. "It will infect you!"

"Just take the damn shackles off of him! Least let the man rest!"

"He does not need rest. He needs to let his soul fight it, or he will be another dark corpse." He turns away from us. "These dark souls are a very big problem."

"What do you mean? I never heard these...dark corpses before." He looked at me. "Did you?"

I shook my head, unable to speak.

"The dark corpses are the soulless dark ones that wonder in this world; searching for the pure light, tears of the dark blood. They do not wonder for a purpose, but they wonder to have one." He turns to us. "They will harm the people who are nothing but pure, and feast. They feast until their soul is regenerated back to pure, but they will still remain a "soulless"."

"I...don't understand." I said, worn out. "These people- they're dead?"

"Yes."

"And their purpose as soulless beings is too...physically feast?"

"Not physically, but spiritually."

"And...tears of blood?"

"The pain that caused them to weep, to depress, to grief, is replaced to dark blood. Black. Black blood."

I didn't ask any more questions. This was a little scary. I felt like I was in the Walking Dead. But, this is true. 

"This is scary old man...why are you...telling us this all of a sudden."

He turns back to me, giving me a long serious stare. I didn't have the energy to give him a serious stare. I gave him a worn out stare. Suddenly, I felt something being pulled from the inside of my body. I struggled to scream, clenching on the chains connected to the steel plate under me.

"I'm not going to have my rep ruined, and letting one of my clients slowly turn into a Corpse. We're getting this out of you, ASAP."

That was the last thing he said, than my screams filling my ears.