Chapter Fourteen - Go To Sleep

"Now Jeff, calm down please, I don't want this to be harder than it should be." At the moment, I had no idea what was going on. Which side should I be on? It was like when your two favorite basketball teams were playing against each other; you didn't know which side you wanted to win. I didn't fit in right now at this situation, it was a fight between Jeffery and Jack, that didn't include Ms. Phoebe.

     The knife wavered in Jeff's hand, and he extended his arm as a warning to Jack. With cautious eyes, Jeff seemed to be watching Jack's every move. "Jeff, put the knife down." He said calmly, though Jeff only replied, "Then put down the fucking syringe!" To which Jack did not reply. Since he was much taller than Jeff, he had a slight advancement, though Jeff was more bloodthirsty than most of the CP's, and was very lithe.

     Suddenly, Jack sped forward at Jeff, though before Jeff could pierce him with his knife, Jack made a sharp turn to the right. Jeff snarled angrily, though it was too late by the time. The syringe stabbed into Jeff's neck, and he let out a yelp as the liquid inside was injected into his blood. Of course he reacted, and Jeff swung his arm and dug his knife into Jack's shoulder, though he didn't stop. Jack bit down hard on his lip, feeling the blood begin to coat his shirt, "Jack!" I screamed, though he shook his head as if telling me not to worry. Yanking the syringe from Jeff's throat, Jeff immediately put his hand over the area. "What.. The fuck.. Did you do?" He seemed to be loosing balance, placing a hand on the wall for help. "Just, sleep Jeff. Go to sleep." Jack repeated his famous line, sounding rather ironic.

     Leaping out of my seat, I had to use a second to think about who I would run to. Making my decision, I ran to Jeff, my shoes clacking across the tile floor. I kneeled down beside Jeff, who had slid slowly down the wall and was seated on the floor, the black hair of his covering his large eyes. "Jeff, oh my god." I murmured, seeing how he was about to pass out. Jack wouldn't have killed him, would he? Jeff used his other hand to shakily grab my wrist, and he pulled me down closer to his ripped mouth. Whispering in my ear, he said, "Tell Jack.. That he's an asshole." I wanted to giggle, but now was not the time to be laughing. I nodded slightly with the tiniest smirk on my lips as Jeff passed out, of course unable to shut his eyes. Instead, I simply overlapped more hair to hide his eyes, he wouldn't look that scary anymore. Tucking my arm behind his neck, I laid him carefully on the cold floor.

     When I turned around, Jack was going through his desk, probably looking for something to patch up his shoulder. He didn't yank the knife out yet, it would only make him bleed more if the wound opened. "Could you come here?" He asked, and I nodded, easing up to my feet. I walked over, sucking in air as if I was a vacuum. "Good, now I need you to pull out the knife, then you need to put pressure on it." Tossing a rag over to me, I caught it in my hands and stared at him. Jack wanted me to pull out the damn knife? I couldn't do that, I just couldn't. Not only would I be touching Jeff's grand knife, but the pain it would cause Jack would hurt me as well. As he inspected my face, he had the slightest smile lift on his face, "Don't worry, it wont hurt me that much." Shut up you liar.

     Walking closer, I latched my fingers around the handle of the knife, gripping tightly. Fuck, I didn't want to screw this up right now. "Do it quick." Jack snapped at me, seeing already the veins in his neck popping up as he became stressful and agony filled. How could I do this? Taking a deep breath, I twirled the rag in one hand as I got ready to pressure the wound. With a yank, the knife came sliding out from Jack's back and it began to bleed even more. Almost immediately, I patted the wound with the rag and smiled, "There, happy?" Jack nodded, though I could tell he felt that pain. I smiled to know that I was helping Jack for once, and I really wasn't a burden in this house. Glancing over at Jeff, I felt sorry for him, knowing he didn't want to go through with this test. The test could chance Jeff forever, or just make him pissed off at Jack forever. Knowing that I was a fan of the CP's, I didn't really want Jeff to change.. I loved his creepy self, his murderous self, his insane self, I loved every part of him. Knowing that he could become immune to the insanity, how would that change Jeff? Well, he wouldn't be insane anymore. He wouldn't murder anymore, he wouldn't be just all that creepy anymore. Maybe people would still get scared by his scarred face, but that was all Jeff would have. Would Jeff be even a CP anymore? Jeff wouldn't be there anymore. This would no longer be Jeff the Killer.

     I didn't know how I felt about that.

     "Thanks." Jack murmured, sliding my hand away as he stood up straight. He had taken some tape to hold the rag in place until the bleeding would stop, since he couldn't reach he needed the wound to scar over. There was no way I was going to stitch together his shoulder, that was disgusting. Luckily, he was able to wrap the tape from his armpit and over his shoulder, since it was just on his shoulder blade. We both took a long look at the sleeping, appeared to be sleeping, Jeffery. With a limp body, Jeff didn't look all that scary anymore- just harmless. "Now we need to strap him down to a table." Jack murmured, going back to his desk to grab some ropes and other tools. Great, just great. Fuck, Jeff was never going to forgive the either of us.