Chapter Eighteen - Goodbye Home

     After what seemed like forever of that kiss with Jeff, I finally pulled back. Any further and I'm pretty sure clothes would be coming off. No, no, not today. Not today, but maybe tomorrow. I didn't want that with this new Jeff, I wanted my old Jeff the Killer back secretly. Even so, maybe I should enjoy the new Jeff for the time I had him. By that, I meant actually going out into public with Jeff, no one caring at all. In this body, Jeff was safe from everyone's opinions and from anyone deciding to call the cops. Behind those innocent blue eyes of his new body was a blood thirsty killer, though in the world around us, only I would know that.

     "Jeff?" I murmured, pulling my body off of his. With his aqua eyes glancing up at me, he let out a grunt as if to ask what I wanted. "Can we go on a walk? Like, out in the public. I want to see if my friends are okay, especially Jaxon." No, I hadn't forgotten about Jaxon. I hadn't forgotten about my friends either, or Mitzi who seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth. With a nod, Jeff kicked off of the tree, standing beside me. I felt my cheeks flush as he stared down at me, his locks of hair falling over his sun-kissed face. Reaching over, I slid my palm against his, lacing his slender fingers with mine. This situation was perfect, almost too perfect for me. Then again, what could go wrong? 

     We walked for some time, gazing at the scenery of the woods around us. Occasionally, we noticed some woodland creatures, though nothing out of the ordinary. Trying to scare me, Jeff claimed that Slender lived in the woods around us. Although I laughed it off, for all I knew, Jeff was telling the truth. After all, he and Eyeless Jack existed here, why shouldn't Slendy?

     To admit though, Slender Man scared me more than any of the other creepypastas did.

     Emerging from the woods, I let out a squeal of joy seeing my home just down the street. "Look!" Pointing a finger, I grinned at Jeff from ear-to-ear. Last time I came home, I was with Eyeless Jack, and my brother seemed to have taken interest in Jack. Then again, who didn't wonder what was under that blue mask of his? I wondered if one day, Jack would ever take the mask off and show me. Maybe, just maybe. It was highly doubtful, and what if he was ashamed of what was underneath? Well, I didn't plan of leaving Jack and Jeff anytime soon, so Jack could have all the time in the world to take off that mask of his.

     I practically ran down the street, dragging Jeff along with me. His luscious hair streaked behind him, as well as mine streaking behind me as we ran down the sidewalk, nearing my house. As we got closer, though, I noticed a sign planked on my front lawn, coloured in red and white. What was this? Becoming confused, I furrowed my eyebrows and slowed down, only going at a slow jog. At that, Jeff seemed to be quite concerned, trying to figure out what I was looking at. Obviously, he must have found it, because suddenly Jeff yanked on my wrist and pulled me to a complete stop. "Let's go back." He muttered roughly, blinking his sparkling eyes down at me. Even more confused now, I shook my head, "Why? I want to see Jaxon." When Jeff let out a loud sigh, I knew exactly what that sign was on my front lawn.

     My family had moved. My parents moved, forgetting about me, and taking Jaxon away. Jaxon Phoebe, the little boy with the missing sister, Livia Phoebe. This wasn't happening..

     Tears began to swell at my eyes, and my vision became blurry. Jeff felt sympathetic for me, pulling me into his chest as I sobbed over his sweater. Shutting my eyes tight, I sniffled every now and then, salt-water running down my cheeks like a river. Jaxon was gone, mom was gone, dad was gone, they were all gone. Most likely, I'd never see them again without leaving Jeff and Jack. It wasn't my parents I was crying about, it was Jaxon. I loved Jaxon ever since he was born, now he was basically stripped from my life. "This isn't fair." I cried, burying my face into Jeffery's chest. 

     I felt Jeff pet my hair, his skinny fingers running over my head and down to the tips of my hair. Shushing me, his other arm over my upper back only pulled me closer, as he allowed me to sob in his chest. Why was life so cruel?