Chapter 8 Carnival of Dreams

Hi guys sorry I didn't update I was waiting for 100 reads! How did you guys find my story? I would like to know! :)

-

Flashback to chapter 7

Justin is at Ariel's house for dinner.

-

-

Chapter 8

Ariel's P.O.V

We sit down at the table and wait for my mom to give us our food. As we are waiting my dad attempts to make small talk with us by asking us random questions about our lives. Justin is surprisingly talkative, so dad begins to focus the conversation mostly on Justin. He asks him questions about touring and his songs. Eventually my mom joins in too so they are basically interrogating him. I look at Violet and she rolls her eyes at me. But I'm getting nervous that they will suddenly ask him a personal question.

"So about how much do you travel?" My dad asks him

"Well I basically only travel when I'm on tour. But I travel alot." Justin answers. "I like traveling since when I was younger I couldn't go anywhere."

My mom snorts rudely "why not? Because you didn't have enough money?" She says sarcastically.

The table is suddenly silent. I stare at my mom with wide eyes. This is what she gets for never listening to me. Justin looks down at his plate.

"Actually yeah." He says quietly. "My parents split up soon after I was born and my mom didn't have very much money so we couldn't go places."

My mom is silent. I clear my throat and stand up "well I think we're about done. "

My mom stands up to clear our dishes.

"No we'll clear our own." I say. She sits back down slowly and I take Justin and I's plates to the sink. I take Justin's hand as I walk back and we walk out of the dining room. As we are exiting I hear Violet say "great job mom." Sarcastically.

Justin and I walk up the stairs to my room where Justin lays and I sit down on my bed.

"I'm so sorry about my mom." I tell him.

"It's okay." He says. "A lot of people don't know my life story." He winks.

I laugh and then lightly stroke the side of his face. He looks up at me with those beautiful caramel brown eyes.

"You okay?" I ask him

"Yeah" he sighs

I lay down and face him. It's silent for a moment and I lean forward and gently kiss him on the lips.

I pull away and open my eyes. His eyes are still closed. He takes a deep breath and opens them. "Well now I feel better." He smiles.

I laugh and move closer to him to put my head against his chest. He wraps his arm around me and starts stroking my head. I take a deep breath and breathe in his scent. He smells so good. I slowly fall asleep to the sound of his breathing.

Justin's P.O.V

I wouldn't want to admit it to anyone, but what Ariel's mom said actually hurt me a lot. My family has always been a sensitive subject for me. It's gotten better since I have been famous because my parents have gotten closer, but when people start judging me I start putting a wall up. I really like Ariel, I might even love her, although I wouldn't tell her that yet, so I don't want to shut her out. I just cant deal with her mom treating me like that.

As I play with Ariel's hair I slowly fall asleep.

*

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" Ariel and I jump up and see her mother staring at us with her hands on her hips.