Chapter 15

Michele's POV

After dinner Langston and I went upstairs to our rooms for the night. Just coming here ruined my entire week. I thought coming to see Mama, Langston's Mom, would turn this horrible week back to school around but it just made things worse.

I collapsed on my bed and pulled out my phone. I had so many missed calls and texts from Anthony, just wondering where Iw as at. I didn't bother telling him I was leaving for the weekend because I know he'd just come over here and make a fool out of himself.

Despite not telling him where I was at I did decide to call him back and possibly ask him about my Mom. I know that really isn't a conversation but I really needed to get it off of my chest. If I had never seen my Mom today I would never know about the two of them sleeping together.

"Where the hell are you at?" Anthony answered the phone. I sighed. "I left campus for the weekend." "And did I ask you to do some stupid shit like that? Why the hell would you leave without telling me anything?"

"Because it's none of your business Anthony," I replied. "What the hell has been up withyou lately? Why are you acting like such a recklaess hoe?" "I'm not Tony." "Yeah you are. Why haven't you been listening to me or telling me anything? Are you sleeping with broke ass Jermaine?" He asked.

I sighed and looked down at my arms. "No I haven't." "I think you are. I bet you're with him right now, aren't you?" He asked. "No but I need to ask you something." "Look here Michele, I'm talking right now and you're going to respect me while I'm talking."

I didn't bother to say anything back to him. I guess I shouldn't have called him but I know if I hadn't he would be even more mad than he is now. "I need to go Anthony," I told him. "I'm not done talking to you." 

I rolled my eyes and just hung up on him. He's such a jackass. I don't even know why I bothered calling him. I got out of my bed and walked across the hall to Langston's room. I knocked ont he door and stood there waiting on him.

I needed to talk to Jermaine because I'm getting that feeling again. I don't want to continue cutting myself but sometimes it feels like it's the only thing to do. Anthony just makes me feel so horrible and worthless and it's the only thing that makes me feel good.

He opened up the door, sighing. "What's up?" He asked. "Um I need your phone." "No, I'm talking to Akyla." "Mm, about what?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and folded his arms. "Just about Homecoming."

"Oh that's sweet," I mumbled. "So, why'd you really need to come here?" "Actually I needed your phone, like I said before." "For what?" "I needed Jermaine's number." He grinned. "Why?" "Because I wanted to call him," I replied. 

"Well it's in here," He said handing me his phone. "Thanks Langston. I'll give it back soon." "Alright, just hurry up," He replied closing his daughter. When I got back to m room I collapsed on the bed, sighing as I called Jermaine.

"What's up nigga?" He answered. "Um actualy it's Michele." "O-Oh my bad." I sighed. "It's fine, I know I just got back home but I'm getting that feeling again." "Already?" He asked. "Yeah. I got some bad news when I got here and I just got off of the phone with Anthony but I don't want to be a burden. I guess I shouldn't have called. 

"No. You're fine seriously. So what's wrong?" He asked. "I really want to see your face Jermaine." "Alright well text me the address and I'll be there as soon as I can." I took a deep breath and laid back on my pillows. "Thank you," I said.

--

"Michele! Come downstairs baby!" Mama yelled. I climbed off of my bed and walked downstairs, to see Jermaine standing by the door. "Your friend's here, sweetie," Mama said. "Oh thanks Mama." "Where are you two going?"