Chapter Six

‘Time is the longest distance between two places.’

*Chapter Six

As I sat on the cushion seat by the window in a melancholy way watching the steady rain descend across the green plush hills. I wondered why I was here, what was the purpose and did it have to do with that stupid Khronus statue. Sabra said to find someone, but who? I couldn’t remember.

The grey day was depressing like my mood. I usually liked the rain but this was a cold rain that sank deep in my bones.

I was given a heavy velvet robe with strange under clothes, while my clothes dried before the large fire place.

I heard a knock on the door and in walked the one called Merlyn, this wasn’t the old bearded man history spoke of. He must have been in his twenties. His dark hair was shaven down to about an inch and he wore his beard closely cropped to his face.

Those dark eyes of his watched me keenly as he came closer. He had very striking features.

I went back to watching the river in the distance.

“I hear you have refuse to come to the evening meal?’ his baritone voice echoed in the large room.

Without looking at him I said, “yes, I think it’s best I stay low key. Don’t you?”

“You speak in an unusual way,” he came to sit down next to me.

“You speak in old English,” I said with a slight grin.

He looked out the window with me, “hiding is not going to help in this case. There is already talk about you,” his dark eyes stared at me intently.

“Not hiding more like avoiding.” I sighed, “I need time to adjust. Dam, I just fell through this time weave into the sixteenth century. My mind is still trying to wrap around that concept. Do you know how hard this is?”

“ Haven, I could not possibly image how you feel. Any time you need to talk I will listen,” he reached over and touched my arm in comfort.

“ what am I going to do, I’m scarred,” in a weird way I trusted him.

Before answering me, he was contemplating on something.

“Maybe you are right. I will tell Author you need time, he will understand.”

He stood back up looking down at me, “all will be revealed in time, everything happens for a reason,” he gave me a slight grin. He went to leave when I reached out and took a hold of his hand.

The connection was instantaneous. My energy forged with his, blending us like a mixer.

Time and events of our two worlds collided as we exchanged thoughts.

It was over in a matter of seconds, his eyes were unreadable, his expression a mixture of awe and wonder.

“Interesting. Your insight is most valued,” he said pensively.

With that said he left.

What was going on with me! Nothing was the same anymore. Why him?

I collapsed to the floor and pounded it with a fist of anger. Why hadn’t Sabra prepared me for this.

My emotions bubbled to the surface and I felt as if I was going to explode.

I suddenly needed out, the walls closed in on me.  Question after question flooded my head leaving no room for anything else.

I ripped off the robe and tugged on my jeans and hoodie, shoved my feet into my sneakers, with that

I time warped out of the castle right down to the edge of the shore.