Chapter Two

OK here is the next chapter, please let me know what you think?  i could really use some comments.

We are time's subjects, and plays us all for fool's.

Chapter Two                      Time Tag

The moment we left the office Sunshine became this never ending chatter box.

The buzzing in my ears got to be too much.

“Sunshine,” I said calmly.

“Yes,” her huge brown eyes stared at me through those coke bottle lenses.

“Breathe, just breathe.” I suggested patiently.

She rolled her eyes and started to walk and talk again,

“Really, I have never seen something like that before. Oh my god did you see principle Ryder’s face. Of course you did. I can’t wait to tell, . . .” and she just kept on going. We turned a corner and went up the stairs, our footsteps echoing in the stair well. A large glass window over looked the side of the building exposing the school’s sports field.

At the top we turned right and three doors down we enter a class, marked 3A.

“This is Mr. Fields class, he’s dull but isn’t all history that way.”

I just lifted an eyebrow. 

I could tell she wanted to go on but the door opened and she had to shut up. Thank god.

In a flash I counted twenty students in all.

Mr. Fields was interesting, his short sleeve shirt was wrinkled with a bow tie the color of wine. His brown corduroys looked worn and his white sneakers weren’t so white anymore. His round mustache face was tired, as if he had experienced history first hand and needed a brake.

Although his dark eyes were kind and intelligent. He didn’t really want to be here, I sensed that right off. His hands had callouses and his nails still had dirt in them as if he had been digging in the ground. The tan and the artifacts scattered every were in the room gave it away, he was an archeologist.

The class went quiet and all eyes stared at me, not Sunshine, but me and I knew I was being checked out.

“Mr. Fields this is Haven Winter, she will be in this class.”

Sunshine handed him a piece of paper. He glanced at it and then at me.

“Welcome Haven. Please take any seat that suites you, but first let me give you a book,” he rummaged around his littered desk and came up with one.

My eye caught the small statue and knew that image, it was Khronos the Greek god of time with wings. The figure held a wheel with impressions in it, you know those lame zodiac signs and beneath his feet was the globe, representing earth.

He often got confused with Cronus, a Titan.

“That’s Khronus, father of time. But this statue is a younger version of him?” I asked intrigued. Something about it drew my attention. Maybe because Khronus and I  had something in common. 

“Yes that is correct, Miss Winter. I’m impressed you even knew what he represents.” Mr. Fields eyes lit up with hope.

"I know alot about time," I mumbled.

Suddenly feeling uncomfortable because I wasn’t a suck up, I just knew the facts.

I looked away and clearing my throat to inspect for an empty seat.