Chapter 5

Holly's POV

 It's been a month since Clyde and Rachelle had gotten together and everyday they seem to be growing stronger. Although they did have an argument which caused Rachelle to storm off and Clyde well, Clyde cried, but they got over it. I have to admit it does still hurt to see them together all close, cute and well coupley. I mean yeah Clyde and I are still close, if not closer than before, but i always from time to time have that feeling where i wish we were still together.

I glanced up from my phone to see the two in yet another intimate moment.

"Honestly guys, person in the room you know" I say. They pull away and looked at me. 

"Sorry, habbit?" They both say in sync. I shake my head. Those two are something. I look to see that their mouths were strawberry red and plump. Kinda like a clown. I let out a laugh. The pair looked at me, then at eachother, then back at me. 

"Wh-what's so funny?" rachelle asked me.

"Look in the mirror and tell me. Both of you." I tell them. Slowly they turned to face the mirror behind them. I watched as they explored every inch of their face with their eyes and still didn't realise.

"Look at your lips" i tell them. i watched as their eyes darted to their swollen lips. Rachelle instantly ran her fingers over her lips.

"Omg, Clyde what the hell did you do?!?" She said in shock as to how red and plump they had gotten in a matter of seconds.

"What did i do?! What did you do?!?" Clyde exclaimed back pointing at his plump red lips. I just sat back enjoying the free entertainment. I decided to let them argue over the lip situation and walk downstairs. Those two, honestly sometimes its like hanging out with 5 year olds. Grabbing a can of coke i walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa cross legged. Grabbing the remote i put the news on, only to see my dad, but he didn't look that good. He had blood dripping down the right half of his head and there was a charcoliness to his face and his uniform was pretty battered with holes here and there. A paramedic was helping him oer to what looked like a hospital for the Army/Navy. Putting the volume up i listed to what was being said. 

"Half of America's Army has been unexpectedly hit on by an extreme bomb attack. The ones you see walking behind us are the lucky few that had survived the attack. Officials say that this was an unfair attack and no one was ready, just like the pearl harbour incident years and years ago we will seek what's right. We will get back at them for injuring America's finest men."

I switched of the tv not wanting to see anymore and sat back as far into the sofa as possible. My dad, he, why him. He must be in so much pain  right now. I huddled myself into a ball drowning out the sounds of the two lovebirds bikering as they desend down the staircase. I felt a tear slide down my left cheek as i thought more about the situation my dad was in. I felt either side of the sofa dip but i didn't react. In fact i don't think i was showing any signs of life apart from the tears freely falling down my cheeks. I then felt my body being pulled towards someone into a massie bear hug. I glanced up to see Clyde giving me a concerned look. 

About a good 10 minutes later i had calmed myself down. I sat back up and blowed my nose. I felt both clyde and rachelle rub my back. 

"so, umm, are you going to tell us whats up? .. I mean if you want, i'm not forcing you.. I-" I let out a sigh and interrupted her.

"My dad's Injured. An Unepected Bomb Attack" I say bluntly, not bothering to look at either of them, knowing that i will get sympathy, and that is one thing i cannot stand. 

"While you guys were upstairs bickering, i switched on the news and i saw him. I saw dad, he was all bloody and his uniform was in a pretty bad state." I say remembering the image of him in my head. I shake the thought away.