Chapter 7

Hallie's POV

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I threw the blankets up and over my head. Looking around, I still saw Niall asleep. Thinking back to last night, I remembered him making me spill rice everywhere, so I decided to get revenge. Grabbing the nearest thing I could find, which luckily to him, was a pillow, I picked it up and threw it at his face.

"What the-" I heard a mutter come out of his mouth as he pulled the blankets over his head.

A chuckle left my mouth as I got up and walked into the kitchen. I poured some water into the coffee machine, and pushed start.

I turned around to see Niall standing in front of me, rubbing his eye.

"Oh is somebody tired?" I pouted like a little kid.

"Did someone have to wake me up so rudely?" he spat back.

"Calm down, I just wanted to have some fun!" I rubbed his hair.

He quickly moved away, and tried to fix his hair. It didn't work at all, as it still looked extremely messy, but I had to admit, it did look cute.

His phone quickly rang in his pocket, and he didn't sweat to pick it up quickly. His eyes widen as he read the name.

"Hey- I gotta go, but it was a nice time, uh thanks."

But even before I could say anything, he ran out the door, not even bothering to shut it.

I walked over to shut the door, and I looked outside to see his car already gone. I shrugged it off, going back to the couch and putting in a movie. Accidentally falling asleep, again.

My mom woke me up to see if she wanted to go shopping. I really didn't see why not, I had nothing else to do on a Sunday. Well, that was sad.

After a whole day of shopping and gossiping, I was completely ready to go home, and sleep. My mom was driving on the way back, and I felt my eyes getting droopy. Yeah, I know I sleep a lot, but it was a long day.

I jolted awake when the car came to an unexpected stop. 

"Sorry honey," my mom quickly apologized.

I looked out the window to see what had stopped traffic. My stomach instantly dropped, it was a murder. I saw two dead bodies being carried into the ambulance, and lots of police. It just sickened me how such cruel people would do that to other people.

My mom saw it too, but she didn't say anything. When we finally got home, I decided to take a shower and go to bed.

Next Day

I walked into the lunchroom, quickly spotting Hanna. Setting my backpack down, I could tell that she was upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You know Erica?" she replied back still looking extremely upset, and not bothering to make eye contact.

I thought about it,"Um no sorry, never heard of the name."

"Well she was a student here, and she was murdered last night along with some other guy named Blake, but he doesn't go here."

I was shocked. I didn't know Erica, but I had heard the name Blake before.

"That's terrible," I whispered, still being extremely terrified. Was the Blake that got killed the same Blake that Niall and his friends were talking about?

My eyes searched for Niall, but I couldn't find him. I was praying he would show up in class, after all he did promise he would be here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School was very long, and very quiet. No one really wanted to talk and/or say anything because of Erica's death. I barely even knew her, but I was still deeply saddened. My thoughts kept on concentrating on Blake and Niall. Where the hell was Niall?

I couldn't rush home fast enough, I immediately ran up to my room and grabbed my phone. Since I was in such a rush this morning, I totally forgot to grab it. 

One New Text Message:

From: Niall

Hey sorry, won't be at school today, have other plans. Maybe next week xx

Next week? I couldn't wait until next week to talk to him. I called him, but there was no answer. I threw my phone down in defeat. My mind still on Blake.

I went downstairs to grab a snack, and start my homework. Sitting at the table, I heard my phone ring, and I jumped up to grab it. The caller ID said Hanna, not Niall. Sighing, I answered it anyway.

"Hey are you okay?" Hanna asked from the other line.

"Yeah, just tired." I decided on a simple response.

"You sure?" she pleaded.

I desperately wanted to tell Hanna what was on my mind, but Niall did warn me that I couldn't tell anyone about Blake. 

"Yup."

"Okay then, erm, I gotta go, bye!" she said, and before I could answer her back, she hung up.

For the next hour, I tried so hard to finish my homework, but I couldn't. I was just about to give up, and go upstairs, when I heard a knock on the door.

A/N:

Comment/Vote please (: