Chapter 5

Hallie's POV

After the first week of school, I was so incredibly excited for the weekend. My mom had to work all weekend which really blew off having any mother and daughter time. Hanna was going on a 2-day trip to Las Vegas, so I couldn't hang out with her. I just decided on watching movies and eating popcorn. Sounded good to me.

Even though it was Friday night, and most teenagers go out and party, I just wasn't that kind of girl. I liked staying home and shoving my face full of food. 

I picked out three of my most favorite movies, that I had seen like a billion times. Grabbed some popcorn and candy, and kicked back into the couch. As soon as the first previews started, the phone started ringing. Ugh, as soon as I got comfortable someone just has to ruin it. I let it ring, considering this was my night to eat and cry at romances I will never have.

The third movie ended, and I was just seconds to falling asleep. I groaned as I got up, and turned the TV off. I barely made it up the stairs to my room, and I couldn't even make it to my bed, so I collapsed on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of birds singing. Stupid birds, just have to ruin my beauty sleep. I reached up to stretch and my back ached terrible. Guess that is what you get for falling asleep on the floor. After taking some aspirin, eating some breakfast, and getting dressed, I decided that I was going to do some shopping. 

My car pulled into the lot of my favorite store, and I reached down to grab my purse. I began walking into the entrance, as I pulled out my phone. No new messages, ha no surprise. I shoved it back in my purse, and began looking through the shirts.

I tried on a lot of clothes, but only ended up finding a couple shirts, and one pair of shorts that I really liked. I paid for them, and decided to go to a couple other stores in the mall. 

But my stomach decided otherwise, man was I hungry. I walked to the food court instead, and begin looking at the menus. After looking for what seemed like years, I just decided to get some subway.

"Hey, Hallie," I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see a familiar mop of brown hair.

"Oh, hey Devin," I replied with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

What the fuck do you think I'm doing here? It's a mall, and I'm standing in a line to get food. "Just getting something to eat, and shopping" I decided to say.

"Cool, me too," he said while flipping his hair to the side.

Man, he was a boring person to talk to.

I grabbed my sandwhich, and went to go sit down at a table. Praying Devin wouldn't come sit next to me, and thankfully he didn't.

I took a bite, and pulled out my phone to go on twitter. I really didn't want to seem like a loser just siting here by myself.

"Yeah I'll have the fried chicken with fries please," I heard an all to familiar Irish voice say. 

I shouldn't have looked up from my phone.

I saw him, Niall, in line to order food, along with Zayn and Louis. But that wasn't all, he was with three other girls too. My eyes watched him as he grabbed his food and looked for a place to sit. They met mine.

Shit.

I quickly looked down at my phone again, and started to eat faster. 

I heard a deep chuckle behind me. "You know, you really are cute when you're scared." Niall said.