I Play for Keeps

Pop music.

For me ninety percent of it makes no sense. I wouldn’t go as far as calling it "retarded,” though.  Most "artists" are just pretty faces who with the help of an auto tuner, can just about manage to put acceptable vocals to a song written by someone else, and composed by another person. What happened to decent music?

Four other things I forgot to mention:

1) Lyrics are all either: whiny, self-obsessed, or mind-numbingly shallow.

2) You can't find a song without either auto tune or really plastic-y synthetic sounds. It's what I imagine the music from Orwell's 1984 sounds like.

3) No-one composes original stuff anymore. Although to be fair, neither did Elvis.

4) It's always more to do with the money and less about the music.

Hi. My name is Rae and I’m sixteen years old. My mom has terminal stomach cancer. The doctors say that she only has a few months at max left unless she gets some surgery. Only thing is we can’t afford it. I work two jobs and we live from pay check to pay check just trying to cover her medical bills. It’s a hard life. And if I want to have a parent, something’s gotta happen.

That’s when I picked up singing. And I know, I know. I just bad talked the whole ‘pop’ crap, but this is something for a good cause. I’m not doing this to buy a fancy mansion. I’m doing this to save my mom’s life. And it just to happens I’m not half bad. My mom had an old acoustic guitar named Hope lying in the garage. I use the computer to learn chords and basic songs that I play after work. I make a few bucks, but every penny counts, right?

I don’t want to go far with it. All I want is to know that my mom will be ok. That she’ll be healthy for just a little while.

And in the words of Bon Jovi:

I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back

I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back

I been everywhere, and I'm standing tall

I've seen a million faces an I've rocked them all

I play for keeps cause I might not make it back.....

_______________________________________________________

Hey guys! So someone tried to report a few chapters of Play for keeps, weird right? Lol I'm not going down without a fight though!!! So here we go!