Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I tried to tear away from the boss’ grip, but he only kissed me harder. I thrashed, flailing my arms, and kicking my legs. He didn’t seem to mind. In fact, he almost enjoyed my desperate struggle. His tongue suddenly entered my mouth. Astounded by his actions, I jerked away, but his other hand shoved my face forward, smashing my lips against his even harder than before. He chuckled, shaking me up and down a bit as the kiss intensified even further.

“Let her go.” A male voice shouted, causing me to flinch. “Now.” And all of a sudden, I fell to the floor on top of my boss. A new set of hands yanked me off the monster and dragged me away from the crowd that had surrounded the scene. All I could hear were voices. I recognized one of them as Cassandra’s, and I looked up to see her beautiful face tight with worry.

We rushed into the dressing room. Part of me paid attention, and was alert, but the other part was still in shock, trying to register what had just taken place.

The boss kissed me.

That thought alone was enough to startle me back to attention. I smacked Cassandra, still thinking I was in his arms.

“Rae?! Rae can you hear me?!” Cassandra shouted/asked. Blinking a couple times, I nodded. Cassandra’s arms wrapped around me, and she whispered how sorry she was in my ear. Tears fell down my cheeks. I felt abused, like a broken porcelain doll. He took advantage of me when I was in a vulnerable position. Cassandra finally let me go, and I saw the guy who saved me turn to leave.

“Wait!” I called. He turned around, and I held back a gasp. He looked to be eighteen or so and he looked…stunning. He had shaggy black hair with crystal blue eyes. His body was…perfect. He wasn’t flabby, but he wasn’t too built, either.

“What’s your name?” I asked. He gave me a smirk and chuckled.

“Doesn’t matter now does it?” I frowned, agreeing with him. It was true. I would probably never see him again. Between school, stripping, mom, and Hope, I had only seen him once. So what suddenly made me think I’d see him on a daily basis? He was probably some random guy, looking for some night action, who stumbled upon this club. The only reason he saved me was because it was the right thing to do. It wasn’t like he had any interest in me.

The click of the door closing only proved my point.

And a tiny piece of my heart shattered.