Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

“I thought I told you to leave her alone.” The familiar voice echoed in my ears, and made me swoon at the sound of his voice. It was the guy who saved me from the boss a week or so ago. The boss this time, stood his ground. His grip on my waist tightened even more, making me yelp out in pain.

“It’s fine. I’m just doing my job.” I tried to say as casually as possible.

He paused for a moment, trying to formulate a response.

“A job is something you love to do. And I know for a fact that a girl like you does not like this kind of life.” He was right. I hated this. But if the boss knew that, I’d be on the street. I had to pretend like this was my life. Like I yearned to be up on that stage prancing around more than half naked in front of twenty or older year old men.

“You don’t know anything about me. This,” I motioned to the area around me, “is my life. And I love it here.” I said matter-of-factly.

“We both know that is a lie.” Jeez he sounded like a parent right now.

The boss’ grip on me loosened, and he untangled himself from previously being sprawled all over my body. I sighed of relief, figuring the whole scene would be over. Mystery guy would leave, and I’d go back to slutty dancing. But nothing in my life ever works out the way I like it, and I watched in horror as the boss tried to swing at Mystery Guy!! I ran to Mystery Guy as the boss missed and stepped closer, well stumbled considering he was drunk. Very, very drunk. The boss took another swing and was successful.

He hit me right in the cheek.

I bit back the tears that were threatening to spill out of my eyes at any second. What I hadn’t realized was that this guy was strong. He was not to be messed with. I felt blood trickle out from my mouth and nose and I cursed. This would only provoke something worse.

The boss was the first to notice the blood.

“L-l-look at what you does to her! You beated her! She’s bleeding! Oh damn boy you gonna get it now.” He took two uneven steps forward, swinging his fists at rapid speed. I fell to the ground, trying to get away from the scene that was unraveling.

“You were the one who hit her.”

“Dontchyouu go blaming me for the shit you’ve done!” He growled, getting up in Mystery Guy’s face.

“Please calm down. We don’t want innocent people to get hurt.” Mystery guy tried to reason.

“SHUT UP!!” The boss swung again, and I jumped in front of Mystery guy right in time. Boss hit my right eye. Hard. I winced and fell back to the floor in defeat. Mystery Guy picked me up, and gently pushed me aside.

“Do you see what I told you? Innocent people get hurt in these kinds of fights. Please just go—,” But he couldn’t finish because the boss punched Mystery guy right in the gut. Mystery guy doubled over for a second, but rose right back up to get another punch from the boss. He tried to get up again, but the boss kicked him where it hurt. I winced with Mystery guy as he fell to the ground. The boss wasn’t done yet. He kicked and punched Mystery guy while he was trying to recover from the previous blows the boss had inflicted on him. It made me really pissed off. The fact that he was hurting someone when they were on the ground made me want to….

Everything happened in a blur at that point. All I can remember is being pissed off at the boss. Next thing I knew, he was on the ground, passed out. A couple minutes later, the police came and arrested me, the boss, and Mystery Guy.

It had to have been a few hours later when I woke up. I found myself in a jail cell, and the events quickly flooded my mind. The bar fight. Me punching the boss to protect Mystery Guy. The police. And me going to jail. Well mom would be proud.