Chapter 4-5

chapter 4

Divine Intervention

Herb forged onward on the lit pathway. His mood had changed a little; he was happy being out of the rain. He had yet to look upward to thank the same God he had cursed ten minutes ago for his bad luck in life. He didn't know that this pathway was so much more until he saw another group of flickering lights. This time the lights were just a few feet above the ground, not high above him like before. They weren't so far in the distance in front of him either.

Herb rubbed his tired eyes as though he were seeing things again. He looked upward as more flashes rushed above his head. They moved onward in their own magical formation.

One of the lights seemed to have slowed down. It was now only a few feet above him but less than twenty feet away from him. He wondered, "What the hell?

***

Inside this same pathway, invisible to Herb, was a beautiful young girl riding on the back of a pure white horse.

Lesley too was a nine-year-old an Earth girl with the most beautiful intense blue eyes, long wavy red hair. She was wearing a long white flowing nightgown as she galloped through the night sky on the back of Streak, deep in her dream state, in the higher realms, upon what would looked like a white horse but was so much more.

She gently pulled his mane. "Streak! Stop! There's a child on the path. We must give him a ride!" She spoke telepathically.

***

At the same time, Herb was distracted by a flash of light to his right in the distance – in the wooded area. He cautiously glanced towards the trees as if he sensed someone was lurking and watching his every move. He didn't see anyone there, but was still worried. – If he could see who was lurking, he would have really been worried, which the stranger knew as well.

When Herb's eyes returned to the lit pathway, he was startled to see a white horse, alone, that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.

Lesley was invisible to Herb. In his dense third dimensional reality he could never see what was in the magical realms. As an illuminated Being, she could see him. She could speak to anyone in this higher realm in her spiritual whispers.

"Don't be afraid," she said silently so Herb would know that she and Streak came in peace.

But Herb's actions indicated to them that he wasn't so sure of this mysterious horse nor how he seemed to appear from nowhere. He hadn't heard any horse galloping or the ground shaking like he'd heard before when he was around horses.

***

Herb squinted his eyes and stared at this seemingly alone white horse with his suspicious manner. The two made eye contact. Streak let it linger for a few moments before he turned and paced onward with his fancy footwork, as if he wanted to show off how cool he was.

Herb was quick to race after him. He shouted an order at the white horse too. "Hey, wait up!" Herb said as if he were able to control this wild beast wandering alone. Streak was far from being wild.

Streak did eventually stop abruptly in his tracks, so Herb picked up his pace. Within seconds, Herb was standing by the horse's side.

Again his eyes searched the surrounding area to see if there might be some owner of this horse, one he had run away from. He even wondered if he might belong to one of the local Indians from the Reservation who could even be stalking him now too. But Streak was a free spirit, so a beast like Streak cannot be owned or ordered around either.

"Where did you come from? You're all alone out here?" Herb asked, as his attention was drawn back toward the wooded trees again. His body even shivered, as if he knew something strange, even frightening, was happening to him. His eyes again did a wide sweep of the area, yet he saw nothing.