Chapter 7

Emma's Pov:

I walked my way over to Main Street. I wouldn't be going home any time soon. Home was such a strange word for living with a house full of strangers. It wasn't home. I don't know what is anymore. I blindly walked into a cafe, it was practically empty yet this girl in red shiney pants was zooming around yelling out orders like it was a busy Friday. She had long straight brown hair with red highlights. She was stunning and seemed to know it.

"Hello may I help you-oh!" She gasped when she looked up to me.

"Hello my name is-"

"I know who you are silly! Oh...but you probably don't remember me. I'm Red" She giggled, setting down a tray and settling herself behind the counter motioning for me to take a seat on the bar stool.

"I was just..uh. Wandering". I murmur awkwardly.

"I can see that. Not many people wander around here. Usually when you come to Grannys you have a purpose". She smiled up at me a mischievous grin displayed on her sharp features "well may I help you with anything?"

"Anything you got to give me back my memory?" I ask smirking slightly at the ridiculous question.

"Uhm. No I'm sorry Emma. But I got your favorite! Hot chocolate with cinnamon! Or if you want something stronger I got shots! Anything to celebrate your uh good health. Speaking of health how's your head?"

"Well it was worth a try. I'll take the hot cocoa for now. I mean I'm remembering bits and pieces but it's all so confusing magic and the story book and Henry and Regina. I mean hell Regina won't even talk to me. She pushed...well not that's not the right words for it". I hummed slightly trying to think of a way to explain the magic of it all.

"I understand. You may not yet. But i remember the first time you had to try and understand magic. Don't worry Emma, you'll remember soon enough the doctor says slowly but surely you'll get your memories". She smiles at me pleasantly, resting a calming hand on my forearm.

"Will I remember it all? Regina doesn't seem to think so". I murmur fiddling with my hands absentmindedly.

"Regina is going through a hard time right now. You and her were the inseparable. She was the first one to arrive when she heard of your accident. Cut her some slack. She doesn't make friends easily and you were her best friend." Red murmurs a sad smile gracing her rose colored lips.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that".

"Well of course you didn't silly! You don't remember anything. But you will. I believe Regina will do anything to get you back". She smiles mischievously before going back to her work.

"Thank you for talking to me Red, it was nice re-meeting you". I say letting out a slight chuckle.

"You as well Emma. You promised Regina her happy ending. I don't think you'll go back on that promise any time soon."