~Prologue~

*You at 10 years old*

"Hey Kirito, wanna come over and play video games with me?" You say as you walk home with Kirito. Kirito smiles and say" yeah I would love to (F/n)~san" you have your cheeky smile on your face and say" yeah I can't wait to beat you again Kirito~kun" he chuckle and say" last time I went easy on you but I won't this time." You punch his arm and giggle as you say" yeah I don't want you to be....You idiot!" You both laugh.

You guys get to your house. You shout" hey mom, I brought Kirito with me.." your mother say" okay honey. I will let his family know." You say" thanks mom." You pull Kirito to the lounge and set the video games up and sat down on the floor and hand Kirito the controller. You start to play the game.

You say" Kirito prepare for a ass kicking!" Kirito says" you wish!" You both laugh as you play. You won in the end. You punched him in the arm lightly and say" hey I told you not to go easy on me idiot" as you giggled. He says" but you are a girl...." you say" so? That doesn't mean I am weak just because I'm a girl...I want to be strong so even if I lose a fight, I will know that I need to get much stronger so that I won't lose again." Kirito looks at me in shock and say "  (F/n)..."

You look away and say" I want a rematch Kirito and this time , don't go easy on me..." Kirito says " okay (F/n)" you restart the game and this time Kirito won. You smiled and say" now that was fun..." " awwww cute! The two love birds are back..." you growl as you see your brother standing there on the stairs.

You shout" Shut Up (B/n)" (An: B/n is for brother's name) you had blush across your cheeks. Kirito says" (F/n)?" You say" Excuse me, I'm going to get us something to eat." You walk towards the kitchen. Your brother walks to Kirito and says" hey Kirito, I know you and my sister is close but Kirito, know this. My sister cares a lot about you and the friendship you guys built." Kirito says" I know I care about her too..."  he looks at Kirito and says" promise me one thing that you will always keep her happy. But if you don't, I will kill you." Kirito nods and says" I promise..."....

*4 years later*

You went to high school, you enjoyed it. You found out that you were in two grades lower than Kirito. You smiled cause you knew that you and him were still as close but after a few years, he became very distance cause he didn't visit you as often as he use to. You decided that you have to find out what was wrong with him and if everything was okay.

After school, you walked out and saw Kirito walking out of the school gates. You ran after him and shouted" Oi, Kirito.... wait up, will you?" He stops and turns around and says" hey (F/n)...." you caught up with him as you were taking in deep breaths and say " hey Buddy, where have you been? I've been worried about you lately...how are you?" He turns away and says" I've been busy lately. Sorry I need to go."

You felt hurt when he walked on and he made you feel like you did something wrong to him. You started to cry as the the tears ran down your cheeks. You whispered " he doesn't know me anymore. He has forgotten about me." You turn around and walked home. It started to rain slightly.

(F/n)'s Pov *

I continued to walk in the rain as the tears ran down my cheeks. I walked pass a shop that sold games. I decided to walk in. I had a look around and saw this game called 'Sword Art Online'. I picked it up and looked at it. One of the store staff says" it's the latest and it's brand new. Take yourself a copy before it's sold out" I look at him and nod. I bought it with the things that I needed to play it on. The guy says" you can only pay for the game, the Nervegear is free for you cause you were the very first one to buy it." I look at him in shock and says" really sir? " He nods and puts it in plastic bag. I say" Arigoto 'means thank you' ".

I walk out and went home. I ran upstairs to my room and opened it up. As I sat there, I saw on the news that everyone was buying 'Sword Art Online'. I say" wow, this game must be popular! I can't wait to try it. " I growl and say" Maybe if I play this game , I might forget about this world and that Idiot, I once called friend....maybe this world will make me feel alive again..." I put the game in and put the head set on and laid on my bed.

I slowly close my eyes and think ' this is it! Good bye world...' I say" Link Start" and a flash of colourful lights appeared. Then it asked me to enter my name and I typed it in. After all that, a flash of bright light appeared. I slowly open my eyes to see everyone around me. I look at my hands and feet. I ran to see my reflection in the water. I smiled as my reflection was a girl with long blue hair and purple eyes. I smile and say" I look better in this world." I walk  on and got myself a weapon. I got me two bladed daggers. I stood with it and say" their perfect. I'll take them." And you paid the lady.

I put them in my side pockets and walked to an open field filled with boars. I smirk and ran attacked a group of them. I sigh and saw a screen pop up saying that I gained EXP. " hey you're quite good." I turned to see a guy with black hair that had a blue top on. I say" thanks" I put my daggers away. I walk pass him but he stops me and says" hey I don't know your name?" I say" (F/n)" he says" (F/n) it's nice to meet you. I'm Kirito."

I look at him in shock and say" it's nice to meet you. You have the same name as my friend." He says " oh I didn't know." Him and I have a conversation. I realised that it was almost dinner time. I says" hey I need to go now but can we do this tomorrow? He says" sure..." I opened my main menu and noticed that the logout button wasn't there.

I say" that's weird. " he looks at me and ask" what is it?" I say " the logout button is missing" he looks on his and says" that's strange, it's gone." Then we heard the bell rang. We teleport back to where we first started. I say" what is going on?" Kirito points up as a huge guy appeared.

He starts to tell us that the logout button is missing cause it was part of his plan when he designed the game and we can't return to the real world and that if we die in the game, in the real world we will also die. He said that he had given us a gift. I looked at my items and saw a mirror there.

I pressed it and the mirror appeared. I took it and a blue light covered me whole when I looked again in the mirror. I saw my (H/c) (H/l) and my (E/c) eyes. I sigh and I looked over at Kirito and say " What?!" He looks over at me and says " (F/n)!" I say " err...I didn't want to see you moron!" I walked on and he grabs my wrist and pulled me with him.

He pulled me into a alley way and says" (F/n) I didn't know that you were into games like this." I say" so? It's not like you cared..." he steps back and says" (F/n) I'm sorry about ignoring you all these years..." I look away and say" I won't forgive you that easy...cause you forgot that I was a friend who cared about you but it's fine, Kirito. When you realise that I was the one who looked out for you...then I will accept your apology but til then, we are acquaintance. See you when you come to your senses." I walk off and go towards a town. On my way I shed tears as I fought monsters.

Kirito's Pov *

I look down after what (F/n) said and realised that she was right but I still didn't want her to know what I went through. One day, I will build up the courage to face her again and tell that I still care deeply for her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Author : hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this new story I wrote. Please comment and vote.

Stay Awesome Guys ;)

♡AllyR0se♡