Chapter 4 bullet

I remember that night so clearly. To bad I can't remember my life as clear. I lay in a hospital bed. At least we don't have school anymore. Thanks Tom!
During the party, Tom started shooting. He broke some Windows. I heard a bullet but I didn't hear it crash to anything. Max was still hugging me. I push Max away from me.
I had a bad feeling about this. Finally, I knew where it was. It was in my back. Max looked at me strange. I closed my eyes.
That's how I needed up here. Someone opens the door. It was Max. He was the first one to see me. (Including my parents)
"You scared me. You okay?" I Shake my head. "No I'm not okay. My parents still haven't seen me. Wait, are they okay?"
Max smiles at me. He puts his hand on my face. "You worry to much. They're okay. They're still at the party."
My mom would rather watch the party then help me? Max kisses my fore head.
The door opens really fast. I was hoping it was my parents but no. It was Katherine.
"Your okay!" She says in relief. She comes and give me a hug. She gives Max a hug too. "Group hug!" See says. The door swings open again. Once the door opened it felt like this room fell in a deep whole.
     It was Izzy. That's why. "I didn't want to come. My mom made me. Don't think I'm here because I wanted to. I would rather you dead." At this point whatever Izzy says now doesn't offend me.
     She can say 'I'm going to shot her just so I can see her die' and that wouldn't bother me. She's said too many lies to make me even think about her.
     "Your mother didn't make you. She would rather you to be at home safe." I say. "So why are you really here?" I add.
      "I don't know. As I said, my mom made me." I like it when people say honestly to me. It's just like promising.
     "Want to go home. I can call your mom. She will gladly take you." Max says. He's really clever. Katherine is still hugging me.
     "No. She wanted to-" I stop Izzy in middle of her lie. "Wait-" I say. After that I start screaming. Everyone stepped away from me near the couch except for Katherine and Max. They looked at each other. They decided to get a nurse.
     Max and Katherine run in. There was no nurse. I'm still screaming in pain. It felt like a knife was in your back, and you got used to the feeling until someone moves it.
     A nurse comes and takes me away from my friends and Izzy. I cry as I see them take me to emergency. I thought I was going to die.
There was ten doctors working on me. "We didn't get the bullet out!" One shouts. "Yes we did its right here" another one replies. She holds up the bagging which had the bullet in it.
"There must be more then one bullet." The same Doctor adds. I couldn't stay silent. "What's going on can I got to my friends?" That same Doctor must have liked me a lot. She comes up to me.
"I'm going to give you this. You are going to go to sleep and wake up with no bullets." I know she was trying to make me feel better but it didn't work. The last thing I remember from that was closing my eyes.
; ; ;
     I open my eyes. I was in my bed. Max opened my door. "They canceled school today. The weather is perfect out. I wish we could-" When we were little and the weather was perfect we would go outside like the 'olden days'.
     "I'll try." I say. I said something. I didn't think I could. There was just a big burst that made me want to talk to him. "You shouldn't. Don't listen to me." I shake my head. I do.
     "I want to go outside. Why did they cancel school?" I asked. "Tom lied." Max starts. "He told the school he owed it to a little girl. Aka you. Because he shot you." He lays in my bed. "Remember we acted like the cracks on your roof were stars?"  I nod. My mom opens the door. This is the first time I saw her. Max gets up real fast.
     "I'll Leave you two alone " he walks out the door. My mom sits on my bed. "How are you? I'm so sorry. I regret not being-" Kendra interrupts her. Of course. Max comes in. "Okay I should have let you have a private conversation. But oh well. I listened. She said what I wanted to say. We haven't been good friends. And I don't want to be friends with you." My heart dropped.
     I closed my eyes. I thought I was blinking but I guess I feel into a deep sleep. When I woke up he wasn't there. Katherine was. "Hey," she says. "I should probably get your mom so she can stop worrying. And Max." She gets up and I grab her hand. "No. If you tell them then they'll want to speak to me. I want to talk to you."
"About what? How it feels to get 10 bullets in your back?" She giggles. "Did you happen to hear what Max was saying to me?" She shakes her head. "No, why?" I didn't know what to say. "Just forget what I just said. Did Tom really lie?" She looked at me weirdly.
"Why would he lie?" How do I word it. I look at her. "The reason-" she cuts me off. "Oh about school. Probably. Why would he give it off to a girl that he owes it to?"
"Okay I don't feel well talking to you. Max and your mom are worried sick. Your dads at work, but I'm sure he's worried sick too." She gets up and opens the door.
"She's awake." I sit up and walk out there. "I'm not dying." I say. I take a seat next to Max and Katherine. I'm sure my mom wanted to talk to me.
I feel bad doing this to my mom, but I hate having these private conversations. I wanted to go outside. I look through the broken window. It had blood on it. Was it mine? I walk into my room. Still leaving people in silence. I grabbed my phone and took a picture.
"Did anyone get shot besides me?" I say. "No one. Just you" My mom says in a depressing voice. "Did anyone get hurt besides me?" "No one." Kendra said.
I storm out of our house. People were watching the house wondering why there were no police. Not everyone was invited. "Our king Tom is not good!" Max comes out and grabs me. "What are you doing?" He ask. "They need to know who they're saying 'yes' to." I reply. I walk were the scene was.
"He came to my moms party. With people. The-they came with guns. They shot everything. The Windows, everything. He shot me! Ten times. I was the only one." Max walks up to me. "She really was shot ten times, but she can't be out her. You almost died Emily. Not when you got shot when you went into your deep sleep." I looked at him and hugged him. "Thank you." "For what?" He asked "for this"