The White Room

I woke up staring at a bright, white ceiling. Wondering where I was, I adjusted to the light and looked around.

"Oh. So that's where I am and that's what happened." I mumbled to myself covering my face with my arm.

I sighed as I remembered why I was in the white hospital room.

~wheeewwww flashback timeee!~

All I could think was I have to save Nishinoya and Nishinoya's in trouble, as I ran as fast as I could towards the burning house.

I looked around to see if he was outside and alright. As I did all I could do was hope he was outside and ok.

His family was outside but there was no sign of him.

Instinctively I ran into the burning house, firefighters unable to prevent me from going in, in time.

"NISHINOYA!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, breathing in smoke causing me to cough.

I ran around the main floor but there was no sign of him.

"NISHINOYA!!!!" I screamed again as I ran upstairs to see if he was there.

I bashed open the door of his room, and there he was, on the ground coughing and in tears.

"T-tanaka." He said in between coughs. "W-what are you doing here?"

"SAVING YOUR ASS THAT'S WHAT!" I yelled picking him up bridal style, and ran out of the room.

We were so close to getting out. We were going down the stairs, the door right in front of us.

But then as I was about to go down the last step a beam fell, hitting me in the head causing me to black out.

The last thing i remember is Noya screaming "RYU STAY WITH ME DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!" in between coughs.

~end of flashback~

So here I am, in a hospital room that could easily blind a person.

I looked over to the side of my bed to see none other than Nishinoya sound asleep resting his head beside me.

I gently stroked his soft hair just glad to see he was well and healthy.

Then, as if set on an alarm to wake up when I did, Noya's eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning lazy bum." I teased.

"You're one to talk...." He mumbled half asleep.

His eyes suddenly opened wide as if he had thought of a new name for his volleyball moves.

"YOU'RE AWAKE." He screamed a little to loud , giving me a hug.

"Y-ya I am, how long was I asleep for?" I grumbled rubbing my ear from his yell.

"mmmm, about 3-4 days I think."

"REALLY?! I must've really gotten hit in the head then." I chuckled.

"You're lucky you got off with just a concussion. The doctors said that you got extremely lucky that you didn't suffer any brain damage."

"I could've died for all I care as long as you made it out alive. Either way I'm just glad to see you're ok." I told him as i stroked his hair again while smiling my usual smile.

Then suddenly tears started to trickle slowly down his cheeks.

"W-whoa noya, dude what's wrong?" I questioned, worried and startled since I've never seen Noya cry before.

"Don't say that you idiot..." He mumbled.

"say wha-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Don't say that you don't care if you die, because I don't know what I'd do without you and..." He trailed off near the of his sentence.

"You'd be fine. You've got the entire team beside you and don't forget about Asahi." I reminded him smiling while wiping away his tears.

"Either way I'm still here aren't I?"

"I LOVE YOU OK!" He yelled, his face the most serious I've ever seen it.

"W-what?" I stuttered still registering what he said.

"I said I love you. I love you Tanaka, and I don't know what I'd do without you..."

Tears started to pour down his face and I put my hand to his cheek once again wiping away his tears.

"I'm sorry." I said in my most calm voice. "For not realizing how you felt, and for not telling you how I feel sooner."

"Wait what?" He questioned.

And before either of us realized it we were deep in a kiss that I had pulled him into.

We broke the kiss smiling our usual, big, goofy smiles.

"I love you too Nishinoya." I whispered.

~End of Chapter Two~