Chapter 8

Katlyn’s POV

“Harry, come back here!” I yelled as I chased Harry around the yard. “Give me back my keys!” I laughed as Harry threw them in the air, and Louis caught them. “I don’t think so, only if you’ll give me a ride to the studio!” He laughed and I changed my course and tackled Louis, “Give me the keys, or I’ll shred your book. The ‘No! Jimmy protested’ one.” He gasped and said, “Here!” and handed me the keys. As I stood up he ran towards his backpack and pulled his book out. He looked towards Harry and said, “Sorry, you know it’s my favorite book Haz.” Harry looked towards me and laughed. “You do know your way around us.” I smiled and walked over next to him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. “Of course, I grew up around you.” He kissed the top of my head and I blushed. “Aww!” the boys laughed at all of us. After the recording of their new song, ‘Loved You First’ Harry and I went bowling. Harry threw the bowling ball and it landed in the gutter. I was so busy laughing I didn’t notice that he was trying again. He dropped the bowling ball on his foot and I jumped up and helped him sit back down. “I think it’s time to go.” I said. Harry frowned and said, “But I’m just starting to have fun.” I laughed and said, “It’s your birthday tomorrow, you and I will spend the whole day together, okay, but I’m tired and we’ve already bowled five games.” He chuckled and nodded. As we got out to the car, he took my keys from me, “Harry! I’m driving.” He shook his head, “No you’re not. I am.” I shook my head and pointed at his bad foot, “No, I am, I’m not going to let you get us in an accident the day before your 18th birthday.” He sighed and said, “I’m not going to get us in an accident Kate.” I stomped my foot and said, “Do you remember the day before my 16th birthday? We got in a huge accident! Harold Edward Styles I will not let you dr—” Harry cut me off with a kiss. I kissed him back and then pulled away. “Give me the keys.” He handed them over and I started the car. We were silent almost the entire way home. “See you in the morning Kate.” “See you tomorrow.” Those were the only words spoken after that; a million thoughts ran through my head. “Why did he kiss me?” I asked myself as I got in the shower. As I was getting out it hit me. He’d been hitting on me for about a week! “Katlyn you’re such an idiot! How could you not understand that your best friend is falling for you?!?!?!” that’s when it hit me, I’d been falling for my best friend too.

“Katlyn?” I heard and looked up to find Niall standing in front of me. “Please eat something.” I shook my head; I hadn’t eaten since Harry had been in the coma, which was about one week. He crouched down in front of me. “Katlyn Mary Smith, you will eat something or I will make the doctors give you a feeding tube too!” I looked at him and my tears welled up, Niall had never yelled at me, he’d been really patient with me all week. I could tell that he’d reached his breaking point. Niall’s face fell when he realized what he’d done. “Ash, I’m so sorry.” He said as he pulled me into his arms. I broke down and he rocked me. (Haha! Dirty minded readers, get your minds out of the gutter! She’d never cheat on Harry! Bad, bad people! XD). When I was done crying Niall handed me a smoothie, and I drank it, only to keep him happy. An upset Niall meant everyone else was very upset, and nobody needed that right now. Besides Harry, Niall was my best friend. I turned on MTV and their Kiss You music video started to play. Niall had left the room to go and get something to eat. I walked over to Harry’s bed and grabbed his hand. “Come on, please Harry! I can’t do this anymore; I’m losing my mind without you.” My voice was hoarse from not talking all week. When he didn’t respond I collapsed next to the bed and cried next to him. “Kat, baby?” I heard and I looked up to find my dad looking at me. “I have to go back on base right now. I’m sorry. I’ll call when I can to find out what’s going on.” He kissed the top of my head and left. I turned off the television and plugged my iPod into the iHome Simon had sent. I turned on What Makes You Beautiful and opened my book. As the song came to Harry’s solo he stirred. I set my book down and turned it up just a little bit. “Harry?” I asked and his eyes fluttered open. “Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell...” I turned my iPod off and knelt down next to his bed. “Harry, you’re awake.” He smiled and said, “Of course I woke up, the song I wrote about my best friend always wakes me up.” He placed his hand on my cheek and asked, “How long was I out?” I looked at my feet and mumbled, “A week.” “What did you say love?” I sighed and spoke louder, “One week.” He just lay there for a minute before saying, “There’s something else I was supposed to give you for your birthday.” I smiled and said, “The only thing I really wanted for my birthday was for you to be okay, I knew you were alive, but didn’t know how much longer you had. You lost a lot of blood, they quit transfusions yesterday morning.”