Chapter 6

"What are you doing Carla? How can you do this? Have you COMPLETELY lost your mind? And why am I talking to my self?" As I'm pulling into the gym parking lot. I can't help but notice that I don't see another car. Maybe he isn't here yet. Or, he decided that this is stupid and isn't going to come. Wait, there's someone coming. The other car pulls into the space behind me. Oh God no, is this Purple Devil? Crap, the only source of protection I have with me is a flashlight, that doesn't even turn on. Wow, so prepared Carla. I see someone getting out but I'm too afraid to look at who it is. I just slip down the seat and pray that it is just a guy coming in to practice. Nope, he is walking around my car, looking at my car, what the heck is he doing? Then I scramble enough courage and look at who is standing in the window. 

"Oh my Gosh Jon!You scared the fire out of me! What the heck are you doing staring at my car? And where is Eli, he is the one that I'm supposed to be meeting by the way." I didn't mean to bark at him, but he deserves it. While my heart is going back to normal speed, I look at Jon standing over my car. I know it's only been a few days since I've seen him, but he look older. Hair styled more mature, he's not wearing hoodies anymore, he's wearing jeans, a nice looking shirt and is wearing cologne. Man if I didn't know better, I'd say he's either going on a date, or his date dressed him. Either way, I'm impressed. "Whose the girl?" I ask not being able to hold it any longer. 

"You don't know her." His eyes going from the sky to me, to me to the right. Why is he so jumpy? 

"Well, where are you taking her, cause you look really nice. Not trying to be creepy anything, just an observation." I point to his shirt and Jon smiles shyly. 

"Thanks. Speaking of cars though..." He scans my car with his eyes," niiiiice." His smile is like a little boy in a hot wheels convention. 

"Gift from my mom. She says that since I am a responsible teenager, I should have a responsibility of my own." I bring a sarcastic smile and roll my eyes at him. "Anyway, where is your brother, he said he was meeting me here. Where is he?" I fold my arms to show him that I mean business. I am so not kidding. 

"Slow down will ya, you're making me dizzy." He puts his hands on my shoulders as if to steady himself. "He's coming, it's just that he asked me to come first to make sure that you came." He shrugged his shoulders. "Mission accomplished" He starts walking toward his car. "Oh, and don't tell Eli about the girl will ya, I'm not ready to introduce her yet." His hands are in his pockets but his face is sincere. 

"Sure. You want some mystery in your life, no big deal. You're secret is safe with me." 

"You're the best." He points at me and starts to get in his car. 

"Hey, did he tell you why he asked me to come out here?" He stops and turns around with a face that I can't read. 

"He said that he needed to talk to you in person. That you were the only person who would understand." Then before I had time to react, he got in his car and sped out of the parking lot. That was one of the strangest conversations that I've had with John. He usually talks more and tells me about his day or something cool that happened. But this John, was quiet, mature, and let's not mention that wardrobe change! I get back in my car and put the car in the ignition when a hand grabs the passenger side door and climb into my car.

"EEEKK!!" 

"Wow really Carla?" Eli puts his fingers in his ears and squints his face. 

"That's what you deserve for freaking me out! Here lately I've been a little jumpy and you just made it worse, so thank you." I slap him on the shoulder and he just looks straight ahead. "Eli, are you going to say something or are you just going to sit here all night?"