Chapter 17

Bryan's POV

Flash back
(Bryan is 16)

"I warned you boy...stay away from her...
You might be next in line for the beta title but you're replaceable" Alpha Maxwell growled making me submit.

I found out last month when I turned sixteen that Lana was my mate. I guess I kinda knew, all the signs were there. We were inseparable until her mother was killed, after that her father kept her close,a little too close if you ask me .

"I can't " I stated to him.

Before I knew it he had me up against a wall and I was gasping for air.
"You can't...what do mean you can't!" He barked.

"She's my mate " I choked out.

He released me and I fell to my knees coughing. He started laughing like a mad man.
"I should have known" he said to himself. " When she was born he'd cry until he was in the same room with her" he laughed.

I picked myself up.He turned and asked,
" have you told her yet?"

I shook my head and replied, "No"

He begun smiling "that's good...your not going to tell her"

"What...are you insane...she'll find out sooner or later" I growled

"No she won't...because you'll hide your scent from her and you'll find someone else..." He commanded

"She's mine. I'm the one she belongs with." I growled. My wolf Jay was clawing at me to rip his head off.

"That's where you're wrong boy...She belongs by my side running this pack...do you really think you deserve her...she's perfect...deserves an alpha....if you care about her you'll let go and find someone else" he said calmly and with adoration for his daughter.

He's not wrong, she is perfect in every way imaginable. She deserves to find someone to take care of her in ways I can't.

I glanced at the floor.
"I don't know how to mask my scent"

He grinned. "You made the right choice boy...and I'm sure the elders can help with that "

He turned away to call the elders. The elders were once werewolves but choose to give up there wolves for immorality. They're kinda like witches.

"You can't do this"Jay barked

"You think I want this...she deserves better than me...Im 16 years old and I've fucked more girls than I could count...she doesn't need me." I growled.

"So your going to make us watch while she- our mate, the one that belongs to us fall in love with some other man, Marry him and have his pups all because you couldn't keep it in your pants?" He said.