Chapter 4

• Kylee's POV •
Me, Madeline, and Maddie were taking Ashlynn to the mall. Maddie was driving, Madeline was in the passenger seat, and I sat in the back with Ashlynn.

"Where are we going, again?" Ashlynn asked.

"We are taking you to the mall to buy whatever you want!" I replied. Ashlynn sat there with a very excited look on her face. She was so darn cute, I already love her!

"So Ashlynn, are you excited to go shopping?" Madeline turned around to ask her.

"Yes! I've never been shopping at a mall. Only at the grocery store with daddy and my uncles." She replied.

The rest of the car ride consisted of us singing to Zayn's new song 'Pillowtalk' and various Ariana Grande songs, and also asking Ashlynn a few other questions.

-at the mall-
We pulled in the parking lot and I unbuckled Ashlynn from her seatbelt, then helped her step out of the car.

We all walked in, while I held hands with Ash.

"Now, remember to stay with us okay Ashlynn?" Maddie asked, clarifying with Ash that she cannot walk away from us. She nodded her head and began to smile. I could tell she was excited to go shopping for the first time ever.

We first went into Gap Kids to see if she liked anything, and she ended up liking it all. She finally decided on a v-neck navy blue shirt with a pocket and some black leggings.

Next, we went to Justice which was basically girls around her age's favorite store because there were all things from glitter to neon. Ash really likes Justice, and wanted us to pick out an outfit for her. We decided on a white shirt with a glittery yellow smiley face on it, along with yellow gym shorts. I knew that Edwin would love the smiley shirt, since it was his subscribe button. We also picked out a cute pair of pajamas for her, which was a pair of hot pink fleece pajama pants with a light pink top that had a chocolate chip cookie on it.

We also went to pink because even though Ashlynn didn't need any undergarments at the moment, we did. But we all had an idea, which was to buy an oversized sweatshirt from there and give it to Ashlynn, because it would practically be a dress but it would look adorable. We ended up selecting a maroon one that said 'Pink' in white cursive in the front.

Lastly, we went to Old Navy to get Ashlynn a few pairs of jeans and also some underwear. Hey, you have to get them at some point.

After we were done shopping, we went to a cute bedroom shop which was right across from the mall. We decided that we would pick out a theme for Ashlynn's room and get some cute furniture and decorations for her and make it really artsy. She will appreciate us doing this for her when she comes our age and doesn't have to do it.

Her room was apparently already the artsy teal/blue color, which was a good start. From what we saw, Ashlynn's room was fairly large. She already had a bed, so we got a new bedding set which was just plain white. Next, we got her one of those fluffy collapsible circular chairs and mini couch set that was a very pale grey. We also got her a mini glass coffee table and a furry white area rug to put underneath, and this would all go near the couch and bean bag.

As for decorations, we got a wooden frame that would be able to hold 6 pictures for future use, a board with the quote, "Let's go on an adventure" on it, and a mini bulletin board type thing for Polaroids and such. Speaking of a Polaroid, I snuck one and 2 packs of film in with our purchase to give as a birthday present. Of course, I paid with my own money for the gift and not Nick's.