My Teacher Is A Ghost? HO-Kay!

Sighing deeply, I shut the yellowed pages of my book, smiling contently when I heard a dull thud. I place the book in my lap, my fingers dancing over the cover page. The green floral pattern was almost disappearing into the background, the main focus, the girl. The white font shone brightly against the green of the girl's dress, a corset pulled tightly around her body. I smiled, happy I finished the amazing book, but upset that the journey was over. I looked up, rubbing my eyes, blinking, and yawning. Tanned hands ran over an equally tanned face. I glanced around the Gryyfindor common room, actually taking in the appearance this time. I had been here for a few days already, but I had always failed to take in the scenery directly around me. The common room was a circular room, full of armchairs that looked very comfortable, sofas of the same material, and wooden tables, where many students did homework. Only the older years would have homework the first day of classes. A bulletin board hung opposite on the wall from where I was sitting, school notices posted there. Huge windows allowed light to enter the room, over-looking the grounds of the school. Apparently, it was a good idea to sit by the window during winter, and look at the snow-covered land. A large fireplace dominated the left side of the room, from my point-of-view, red, orange, and yellow flames dancing in step, as the wood crackled beneath it. Scarlet tapestries hung along the wall, making the circular room seem cornered. Witches, wizards, and animals were shone in these tapestries, not moving, like I thought they would.

      I grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder, before grabbing my book. I made my way over to two staircases, the left one leading to the boy's dormitories, the right the girl's. I, steadily, made my way up the girl's flight of stairs, halfway up when I heard a single girl's voice resonate throughout the common room. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," she spoke, causing me to look down. I saw James and Sirius standing at the bottom of the girl's staircase, smirking somewhat evilly. I gulped, looking at them curiously. They placed their feet on the staircase, a huge gasp ripping from my throat as my own feet were swept underneath me. I slid down the now-staircase stairs, my book falling out of my grip. I slid to the bottom, turning over, my book sliding down, only to hit me in the head. I glared up at the two cackling boys, my eyes shining crimson and red, causing them to immediately stop. I was angry and annoyed, the two colors showing my emotions. You wouldn't know which depicted which color, because of the close similarity.

      "Roselina! Are you alright?" The questioned simultaneously, lifting me up from my armpits. I grumbled underneath my breath, kicking their feet off the staircase. I bent down, grabbing my book, before setting off up the stairs once more, pleading for the two mischief-makers to not put their feet on the stairs again, at least until I was at my floor.

      "Roselina! We're sorry!" James called after me, only to be ignored. I made my way to the very top of the stairs, the top floor, fortunately, not falling this time. The different floors were assigned to different people, a lot of time, younger and older kids getting mixed together. I smiled, making my way into my dormitory. Criss-crossed, worn, wooden pieces made up the floor, a small fireplace in the center of all the beds. Five double-sized beds were set in a circle. I made my way to my bed, the one conveniently placed directly across from the door. I tossed my book onto my trunk, placed at the end of my bed before jumping onto the soft cloud called my comforter. I smiled contently, wiggling own into the blanket further, my body warming at the friction.

      "Why are Potter and Black saying your name and repeatedly apologizing?" questioned Lily, throwing the door open, Alice Cadwell following behind her. I groaned, slamming my previously-lifted head into my pillow. I rolled over onto my back, the pillow still connected to my face by my hands. I sat up, the pillow falling into my lap, bemused expressions on Lily's and Alice's faces. I simply stuck my tongue out at the two of them, giggles erupting from their mouths. They pranced over, plopping themselves down onto my bed. "Okay, Roselina, what'd they do?" Lily asked again. I sighed, rolling my eyes at the hollering I could here waft up from the lower floor. My mouth hung agape, though, appalled that those two boys were still down there.