~Here We Go Again: Part 1~ (Chapter 4)

~Please feel free to tell me your opinions on this chapter, or point out any grammatical mistakes!
☆〜(ゝ。~

• • •

Sora's P.O.V.

     The day seemed to go by rather easily. Not saying it was quick-- to my displeasure-- but so far nothing drastic had taken place.

To be honest, it was quite boring. First period went by in a rush due to my late arrival. Nonetheless, every other class was aggravatingly slow.

     It was now lunch time, and I was heading to my lockers, meanwhile searching for Noah. Where the fuck is he?

     I don't know why this worried feeling was forming in my stomach. Quickening my pace, I looked around to see if Noah was anywhere in sight.

     "Sora!" I turned my head to where the voice was coming from, "Yo, where've you been?" I spotted a disheveled looking Noah running towards me, waving his hand around.

     "I can see you Noah. No need to look stupid anymore," I said sarcastically.

     "Oh whatever," he shoved me away, "douche bag."

     "Excuse me?" Making it seem as if I was insulted, I brought my hand up to my chest.

     "Mhm, yeah. Excuse you!"

     We were on our usual bantering back and forth. Noah had already left his essentials in his locker from what I could see, so now we just had to head to mine's.

     Walking down the blue and red halls, it brought back many memories from freshman year. Ah yes, the year when I still had hope for high school. I had no care in the world back then.. Well, besides the main ones, which are for another time to tell.

• • •

Freshmen Year High School...

I had finished middle school, just beginning high school. Well, technically I was starting high school in the middle of the year.

     I don't know how, but I became the valedictorian for my middle school and said some silly speech that I really didn't care for. 13, almost about to turn 14, I still had no ambitions in life. Well, I am still a kid.

Entering the school hallways, the mixed smells of perfume, cologne, and some other scent, hit me hard. Suddenly, I'm jittery; starting from my back all the way down to my feet.

     I look down at my old, worn out, black shoes and baggy blue jeans, and suddenly find myself feeling insecure as hell. My legs were slowly starting to shake for every second that I stood there and observed.

Trust me, these weren't any nervous or scared jitters, I was actually pretty excited to be meeting new people, to see new kinds of perspectives, and maybe even find a goal in life.

After going to therapy sessions for three years straight, of course I would be excited to finally step out into the world, see the world in a better light.