~Goodbye Sora~(Chapter 1)

6 Years Ago

     I sighed as I walked through the town on my way home from school. It was a chilly Friday afternoon and I was finally in 5th grade. My breath appeared before me as I exhaled through my nose.

     "SORA!" I jolted in surprise at the sudden call of my name through the wind. Quickly turning around, I looked for the source of that voice.

     I looked around one more time, "What was that?" I mumbled to myself softly. Fear slowly taking over my system, I walked faster through the autumn leaves, hoping to hurry up and get home. The leaves crunched louder as I quickened my pace. It was almost dinner time, my stomach was grumbling louder than usual.

The paranoia in my system increased with every whistle from the winds. Someone tapped my shoulder and I swiftly caught the intruder. As I turned around, I opened up my hand and found a measly little twig.

     It's only a twig, nothing else! An exasperated sigh left my mouth. I gulped, scrunching my eyebrows together in distress.

     I turned the corner not noticing the shadow in front of me while I was looking downwards to the ground. I looked up, only to be faced with a masked person jumping out at me, "BOO!"

I shrieked into my hands, covering my face. I was breathing heavily and stepping back a few steps before the realization of that voice came to me. The mystery voice had that familiar, adorable crack to it that only one person in the whole world could ever have.

"ALEX!" I smacked him upside the head.

"Ouch! Why'd you do that?" Asked Alex while giggling a little bit. He took off that stupid (but pretty scary) looking mask, and I saw those bright chocolate eyes and deep dimples that formed whenever he smiled.

This kid right here has been my best friend since we were in our diapers, Alex Jackson. He was always trying to scare me, even more now that Halloween is coming up. But, I don't even ever get that scared. Well I can't lie... this was pretty scary, I guess.

"Hey, you're the one who decided to pop up out of no where wearing that lame mask!" I exclaimed, pointing to the mask he was holding in his hands. He wore a sheepish smile now, scratching the back of his head full of dark brown curls.

"Sooo, what you really mean to say is that I scared you?" He asked me with a beaming grin on his face.

     I felt myself redden from the fact that it might've been true. "Pshh, what're you talking about?" I asked, trying to play it off like it was nothing, "I've seen scarier stuff. Like for example, you're face in the morning when you come into school!"

     I burst into a fit of laughter and after a while of shock on Alex's face, he joined in and lightly punched me in the arm.

     After we calmed down, I asked the question that I was meaning to ask the whole day, "So, you're staying over at my house today?"

     "Nah, sorry today... today I can't.." He looked at me with this glint in his eyes that I couldn't read. For some reason, I thought I heard hesitancy in his voice. Well isn't that weird...

     "Is something going on?" I asked with worry spilling from my voice.

     "What? No, no. Nothing's going on," he started waving his hands in my face, "I just wanna get home quick 'cause the new episode of Pokemon's coming out today!" He finished with a cheeky smile and somehow that excuse became believable. The thought that we could've just watched it at my house didn't even pop up in my head.