Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Pietro was going to help the Avengers fight Ultron, he had told me. My eyes welled up as I remembered the things my best friend had said to me that day.

'Hey (Y/N)!' Pietro had shouted, grinning at me.

'Hii!' I had replied, hugging him.

'Wanda and I are gonna help the Avengers today. To fight Ultron. They need us.' He had said, his eyes twinkling with newfound determination.

'But what if you get hurt, Pietro? I don't want to lose you or Wanda!'

I had broken down, and he had calmed me.
Reassured me.

'Nothing can hurt me. I'm a speedster. Don't you trust me?' He had asked, hugging me.

'I do, Pietro, I do.' My tears had made his shirt wet and he had smiled at me with so much emotion, that I thought I would break.

'I need to tell you something. Uh, (Y/N), I lov-'

I had cut him off. 'Don't you dare say it right now, Maximoff, don't you dare!' I had said angrily, my tears flowing uncontrollably.

'Fine. I'll say it afterwards, won't I? Do wait for me, okay?' He had said, wiping my tears gently as if I were made of fragile glass.

He gave me the longest of hugs, kissed my hair and went off into battle.

And that was the last time I had hugged him.

He was there on the ground,
I screamed and cried out till my throat was raw.

He looked at me and smiled, 'I love you,' He had said, holding my hand.

I held him for the longest time, 'I love you too, Pietro. I waited for you.' I had whispered and he had smiled at me for the last time.

'Pietro?' I had called over and over again but he hadn't replied.

'DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME. DON'T YOU DARE PIETRO!' I had shouted, 'I LOVE YOU. PIETRO!'

Again and again.

'I LOVE YOU. I BLOODY LOVE YOU.'

But my best friend, the only person I had loved with all my heart, had left me.
Alone.
In this bitter world.

Wanda held me while I uncontrollably sobbed. I wish I had allowed him to say it then and there.

'I love you too, Pietro. More than you'll ever know.' I had whispered.

[Here's my first sad oneshot. I'm sorry.]
~Valdezzzing ❤