The real Harry

Louis had to cuddle Harry and sang him to sleep the day that interviewer pushed him to answer how many people he slept with. He had to hear him sob until he was exhausted, he had to see him cry because those heartless people would never let him be. Because they’ll never stop lying, they’ll never stop pushing him until they get from him what they want.

"Shush, shush, it’s okay babe" Louis kept repeating as Harry sobbed in his chest, hand grabbing his shirt tightly. “They don’t know you" he tried to make him understand.

"He asked me if I- if I" Harry couldn’t stop crying, the words barely audible. It was breaking Louis’ heart “and I tried to st- sto- stop him but he kept pushing" Louis hand caressing Harry’s locks, trying to calm him down.

"Haz" he lifts Harry’s chin with his finger and looks right into his beautiful glassy greens “I know the real you" and Louis kisses his eyes full of tears until there are no one of them left. Harry smiles. It’s a sad smile, though and Louis’ just mad at the world for making him feel like this.

Because his Harry is not like that. He wouldn’t take a random girl and fuck the shit out of her to leave her then with a broken heart. And he knows because well, Harry’s been his boyfriend for almost three years now and really, he can’t think of anyone as caring as him.

Louis remembers the first time they made love and how he woke up to an empty bed and crepes’ smell flooding the room. Harry was cooking for him.

That’s his Harry. Louis’ Harry.

The caring boy who makes sure to wake you up with breakfast already on the table, the one who wakes you up with tender kisses.

Harry, the boy who prefers to stay up late at night to make stupid videos and hugs teddy bears and tells bad jokes to make you laugh.

Harry, the one who shuts up and smile. The one who will do everyting to make you feel better when you’re down.

Harry, not the innocent boy from the stairs anymore, but the boy who reached the top of the world just as true as hearted.

Harry, who never let anyone or anything change him. Who got an “I can’t change" tattoo for everyone to know.

Harry, who listens to you interested even if what you’re saying is not interesting at all, the one who laughs at your silly jokes.

Harry, the bakery boy, the insecure kid who used to sing in White Eskimo.

Harry, the boy who had his heart full of dreams and got to make them true. The boy with the stars in his eyes. That Harry, that’s the one that matters.

Harry, who can’t speak up his mind so he inks his skin. The one who has too many things he can’t do and not so many he can.

That’s the Harry everyone should focus on, Louis thinks, bitterly. Harry, the boy he fell in love with, not the one they want him to be.

And Louis’ smile falls. Cause they’ll never know, they’ll never see who the real Harry is. But most of all, he feels sorry for them. Cause he, Louis Tomlinson, was lucky enough to meet Harry Styles.

He saw Harry’s light and he let it shine through him.

And them, well, they see nothing but Harry’s mask, Harry’s façade. The Harry they made up.

"I know the real you" Louis repeats to Harry, kissing his head sweetly when he thinks he has already fallen asleep. “And that’s enough for me" Harry answers, opening his eyes. “That’s enough" and with that, both close their eyes and dream about a future.

A future together.

No more lies, no more masks, no more hiding.

And hopefully one day, when they wake up, those will be no dreams.

Not just dreams but their reality.