6. Proof

It was still dark outside when I ran on the street. It was fall and it was getting darker and darker by each day that passed.

I slowed down a bit as I was getting tired by running and breathed loudly.
I was going to tell Yukine about our new job. But wait a minute, it was still early in the morning, Yukine must still be sleeping.

I rapidly stopped and looked up towards the horizon as I sighed and closed my eyes.

It was cold and I realized I was still wearing the clothes I've lent from Hiyori, I held my regular clothes in my arm, thightening the grip around them.

Daikoku and Kofuku must also have been sleeping now.

Why did I have to leave Hiyori's house so early? Well I could go back but that would seem weird.

I held my arms as I tried to get warm and started to walk again, having no idea where to head next.

"What are you doing so early in the morning?" Chuckled a familiar un-friendly voice.

As I looked towards the direction where I heard the voice, I felt disgusted and mad.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!" I shouted out loud and tried to do an imitating grin.

A figure walked a few steps behind a tree and it was clearly to see who that was.

"I'm not following you, I just happened to be around here."
The figure, which of course was Fujisaki, walked towards me with quiet footsteps and a smirk.

I backed slowly as I made eye contact with him as he approached me.
I turned around, still making eye contact, to run away, but I felt a hand place on my shoulder which made me stop and become as frozen as a statue.

"Yo, you're freezing, right? Let's go to my place and play some videogames.
And somebody is using Nora, so it will be just the two of us.~" Fujisaki did his usual smirk and kept standing there holding my shoulder.

I had nowhere to go at the moment, so I agreed to go along with him.
But of course I would not trust him.

I glanced at him madly and snatched away his hand.

"Fine, but keep your disgusting hand and your filthy phantoms away from me." I said as I knew I shouldn't trust whatever his answer might be.

"Don't worry Yaboku. I'm trying to be nice." Fujisaki made a gesture with his hand and smiled, showing his teeth.

~

We didn't talk with each other much while walking to Fujisaki's house.
I knew he wasn't the one to be trusted, so I kept my eyes out for anything that might be suspicious.

"I can help you carry your clothes."
Fujisaki purred and showed his hands in front of me.

"I said you should keep your disgusting hands away from me."
I turned my head away so I wouldn't look at him.

"Haha I know, I was just kidding, I wouldn't want to carry your clothes anyway."
I could feel Fujisaki look at me, but I didn't care much, I just kept looking away.

I was freezing more and more, so I decided to put my track suit on.

"Freezing Yaboku-chan?" Fujisaki said and chuckled, his irritating voice making me shiver in disgust as I wanted to get away from him more and more.