Chapter 2

Roman's POV

“Sir we found her”, came in one of my guards panting for breath. I smirk as I hear the news. My beloved as been slipping through my fingers for centuries. Every time I had her in my grasp she would fall in love with me and die. Five times this has happened and I was determined to keep her this time. I wonder what she would look like this time. She always looked different each life but she had the same eyes. Those beautiful green eyes that haunt my dreams. I will break this curse and when I do I will make her my queen.

Looking my guard in the eyes I said deadly, “show me.” Shaking he came over and gave me the clear globe we use for tracking. There deep inside the globe I see her driving a jeep. I almost dropped the globe as I did so. She looks exactly the same before the curse. Her golden blonde hair lighting up as the sun hit it, pale skin, round face, plump red lips, and her eyes. Those eyes are still the same but different at the same time. The only difference is the grey specs floating in her eyes. Those grey specs show that the curse is in place. Slamming my fist down on my throne my eyes started to glow. My guard gasped. Wrong move, I think. Grabbing him by the neck I squeeze. His eyes start bulging out of his skull. I snapped his neck as quickly as I grabbed it.

I look down at the body in disgust. “Worthless” I sneer cruelly. Walking out of the room I made my way up to a maid. Grabbing her by her hair I pull back her head to look at me. “Get me my second in command and send him to my chambers.” The small maid started to tremble in my hold. Smirking I lean down to her ear, “Hurry now, don’t want to get punished now do we?” Letting her go she bows quickly and sprints down the hall. Turning on my heels I made my way to my chambers.

~

A whole fifteen minutes and no one has shown up. How dare she disobey me! Guess the little wench didn’t learn from last time. Well I guess I will just have to show her again, I thought with a grin. I was about to open my door when it opened. There stood my second in command Jerry. “It’s about time!” Bowing his head Jerry spoke in a gravelly voice, “Sorry master. I was having fun with a red head and lost track of time.” Letting out a hearty laugh I pat him on the back. “Breaking them is always fun. But that isn’t what I called you here for.” Jerry looked at me in confusion, “right sire, what might I help you with?” Grabbing his shoulder I looked straight into his eyes. “We found her and I need you to make preparations.” A swirl of emotions pass through his eyes. Shock, happiness, disbelief.

Finally focusing on an emotion he took a step back with a smile. “Right away sir!” He took off before I could say anything else. Chuckling I turned back into my room and into my closet. I wanted to look good for my little sprite.  Dressed in black from head to toe I sped my way to the portal. Closing my eyes I place my hand in the air. I pull and pull till the big abyss of a portal appears. God I hate these things, I thought. Stepping threw, every cell in my body is vibrating and soon I’m in the mortal world. Humans are either returning from work or sleeping. Perfect.

Walking up to the house, I press my hand to the door. There is only one presence in the house and it’s very dainty. So close. So very close to having her in my clutches. To being mine forever. Raising my hand I knocked three times.