Chapter 7: Conscious

Jasmin's POV

"Hi."

What is he doing here? Oh god. Now, I don't know what to do.

"Kausapin mo naman ako, oh."

"Uhmm... Hi?" I said while securing a distance between us.

"Hindi ka nga pala nag-ttagalog. Naiintindihan mo naman ba ako?"

I nodded from his cute shyness. I should stop right now, cause I know any moment from now, my heart is going to explode from the super fast beat it has experiencing.

Don't dare to smile, Niccolo, or I will...

Oh damn... Why did you smile? Now, my whole system's ruined. The heck.

"You can speak in Filipino if you want. I can understand. No need to worry."

As much as possible, I always try to avoid gazes with but he'd end up catching it.

"English ba ang conversation niyo ni Xander?"

I was caught off guard from his sudden question. Why is he even asking that?

I just nodded since I can't speak from the fast beating of my heart. All I could think of is him being so close to me like this. Gosh... Can I even handle this?

"So... Mind if I talk to you in English?"

. . . .

What did he said? Did he speak in English? Oh gosh. That's so fluent. So handsome. Gosh. My feels.

"So you do speak in English. That's shocking, Nic."

"I adapted it from my two English speaking crazy friends. They really helped me a lot about things like this."

"That's nice."

He smiled and my heart beat faster than its fast pace. He leaned on the chair and he secretly held my hand.

Why... Is he suddenly doing that?

He removed his hand and I can feel a paper left on my hand. So... He's handing me a note. I wonder what's written on it.

"Nico."

That nickname. The sicked nickname from that wicked ex-girlfriend.

"Nico. We should talk. May pinapasabi si Ma'am Irene sa'yo. Follow me."

Niccolo looked at me and his eyes were saying he doesn't want to go. It looks like he's just forced but it's school matter so I can't do anything about it.

He stood up lazily and he put his hands to his pockets. He had his serious face but he suddenly looked at me and smile.

When he left, I immediately held my chest cause I felt the sudden heat from my whole system. I felt the fast beating of my chest. And I don't know now. I just don't know because Niccolo is not around but I can still feel his presence. Gosh.
I looked at my classmates and they are all busy with what they are doing. I sighed cause that's one issue if they saw that.

I stood up and walk my way through the powder room because I need to fix my composure. I really lost posture whenever he's around.

When I got to the powder room, I held my face but I felt the texture of the paper between so I looked at it then I remembered Niccolo giving me this a while ago. When I remembered that, I threw a quiet shout and I want this feels to come out already.

When I finished getting through my feels, I opened the note.

Pwede ba tayong maging... Friends?