Chapter 3-Jacob

Weston and I walked over to my pool and sat next to it. He dipped his hand in the water and swung it toward me.

"Hey!", I shouted laughing. My face had drops of water. I dipped my hand in and splashed him. He laughed.

"America!", I heard my dad scream.

Weston and I turned around and saw my dad with Jacob standing next to him. I quickly stood up and slowly walked towards them.

"Jacob?"

"America?"

I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. "I'm so glad I get to spend a day with you.", I heard him say. He let me go and stared at me blankly into my eyes. Weston poked my arm.

"Uh should I leave or?"

I looked at him. "I'll see you tomorrow Weston." He smiled and walked inside.

~~~

"I wanna see you everyday.", Jacob told me as we watched a scary movie.

I jumped at a scary part and covered my eyes. Jacob chuckled and put his arm around me pulling me towards the safety of his body. I felt an odd feeling in my stomach when he pulled me close to him. I looked up at him with deep blue eyes. He admired me and began to lean in. I did the same. Our lips were about to touch but I stopped and pulled back.

"I can't Jacob." "What why?", he asked.

"I'm sorry I just can't right now. Of course I still have feelings for you but...I don't know...half of my feelings are somewhere else.", I told him. Jacob pressed his lips together. "It's fine. I completely understand."

A few hours later Jacob's parents got here.

"Do you wanna meet at the frozen yogurt place tomorrow around 4?", he asked me at my front door. I smiled and said sure. "I'll text you. I love you.", he said. I stared at him shocked by his words.

"I-I love you t-too.", I finally spit out. He smiled and walked off to his car.

I closed the door behind me and ran up to my room to get ready for bed.

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. My feelings are somewhere, and they're for someone else. I just don't know who.

~~~

I woke up the next morning and went to school. Hilary waited for me at the front gate.

"Hey how was the date with Jacob?", she asked smiling. "It wasn't a date and it was ok.", I said. "Oh by the way Weston came and talked to me this morning asking for you.", she said. "Why?", I asked. "He wanted to tell you something. I don't know." I shrugged and we both walked to class.

When I walked into class, Weston's eyes lit up.

"AMERICA!", he shouted.

He stood on the table and began to dance.

"Weston get down from there!", the teacher hissed at him. He smiled and jumped off. "So this is the funny Weston everyone loves.", I joked as I sat down.

"I feel much more comfortable here.", he said confidently. I poked his cheek. "You sure are acting like it." Weston smiled and lifted his chin.

"Ok class how are your projects going?", the teacher asked everyone.

"America and I are doing so great you have no idea how much we've gotten done we could go on forever and ever and ever and ev-", Weston said till I put my hand on his mouth. His eyes shifted over to me.