Chapter 1:

Katherine's POV
I woke up in a dark area.
I couldn't see.
I immediately jumped up and put my hands up in front of my face in the forms of fists.
I heard a gasp below me.
My eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness, I saw a built figure laying on the ground.
"W-who's there?" The voice said, it was a male. I'm guessing by the way his voice rolled off of his tongue.
"Who are you? What's your name? Why can't I remember anything?!" He rushed out.
"It's okay, I don't know who I am. But all I know is that we have to stay calm if we are going to find a way out of here." I said to him.
He sighs, standing up.
"Now-" I was cut off by the 'room' we were in jolted upwards.
We both fell to the floor.
"What's going on?!" He asked me.
"I have no idea." I whispered, terrified what was going to happen next.
It started moving upwards at a slow pace at first.
Then it went faster and faster.
"What's happening?!" He yelled over the loud medal grating sound that pulsed through the medal grated box, I found out what it was.
"I have no idea!" I shouted back to him.
It started going faster and faster.
Up towards a bright light.
"We're gonna crash!" I screamed.
"I know!" He shouted back.
I stood up but immediately fell back into a bunch of boxes.
That's when it sped up even further, then crashed to a stop.
I looked up and saw blue skies.
"Where are we?" He asked.
"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?" I said, stepping on one of the boxes and jumping out of the medal box we were in.
I looked around and saw we were in a field.
I helped the boy from the box and we looked around.
There was a huge field.
Then there was a dark patch of woods in the far right corner.
There was a huge towering building in the corner that looked as if it were falling apart.
Then there was a patch of gardens a dozen feet away from the building.
Then in the far left corner was a smaller building.
There was a huge opening in the gigantic 100 feet walls, separating one from the other.
The walls were also covered in thick ivy vines.
The walls were thick and stone and were separated by thick white lines in each corner.
There was another building a couple feet to the side of the gigantic building that had a pen off to the side, for animals. I guessed.
Then there was the box that we came up in.
I looked down and saw it had a bunch of crates in it, a few had an animal in each.
"Here, let's get the boxes out of the box before it goes down again." The boy said.
"What do you mean, goes down?" I asked him, this time me asking the questions.
"I just had a vision or hazing memory of this same box going down." He says to me.
"Oh! And I also remember my name! It's Nick." He said to me.
That's when I looked closely at the boy.
He has bright blue eyes and blonde long hair swept aside with some type of gel. He has black square framed glasses and a narrow and pointed jaw.

 He has black square framed glasses and a narrow and pointed jaw

He was studying me as well.
I looked around and saw the building.
homestead
That's what it's called.
I don't know how I remember what it's called, but I do.
I looked around and saw the forest.
Deadheads, the cemetery
The building in the corner.
Gathering hall
I looked at the garden
The track-hoes
I looked at the building next to the homestead.
The blood house
That's it though.
So far a voice said in my head.
I jumped up.
"What's wrong?!" He asked me, walking up to me.
"I don't know. There was just this voice in my head, that told me the names of everything in this place." I said to him.
"Okay, well what are they?" Nick asked me.
"Well that's, the homestead." I said while pointing to the gigantic building.
"That's the blood house and the animals pens." I said, pointing to it.
"That's the track hoes." I said pointing to the gardens and he chuckled.
"Shut up you shank." I said to him, laughing myself.
"Shank?" He asked me.
I shrugged," it just came to me.
"Shuck! There's more!" I said to him and he laughed.
"Don't you me fu-"
"Don't you say it! I hate cursing!" I scolded him and laughed.
"Those are the deadheads. That's where we will keep a cemetery. You know just in case." I said shrugging.
"And then that's the gathering hall where we will hold meetings for all the jobs that we will have here." I said to him.
"Jobs?" He asked me.
"What? Do you think this place is gonna run itself?" I asked him.
He shrugged.
"Thought so. AND!" I shouted as he began to walk away, causing him to jump.
"We will find out what's out there." I said pointing towards the gigantic cement walls that were separated by a wide and tall opening.
He nodded.
"Okay, then what will be the jobs." He asked me, sitting down on one of the boxes.
"Well first, we need a leader. Then we need a second in command just in case something happens to this leader. Then we need cooks. They cook and prepare the meals for us so we can do our jobs quicker. Then the builders. They build new or upgrade old places. Then the bricknicks. They almost have the same job as the builders, except they are fully focused on repairing the buildings. Then there's baggers who act like guards and take care of dead bodies. Then the track hoes. The people who work in the garden. Then the med-jacks. They act as doctors. Then the slicers who take care of the animals and slaughtered them in the blood house. Then the map makers. People who map whatever is outside of those big doors. Then the runners, who are most likely all map makers, who run whatever is outside of the shuck place in search of a way out. Then there's the sloppers. This is a job for someone who cannot do any other job. Like it's impossible for them to be able to do the jobs. Whether they be too young, or just plain lazy. The sloppers will be the people who will do the jobs that no other glader wants to do. Like clean the dishes or dump away the left over food." I said to him.
"Okay, you should seriously be the leader then." He says to me.
"Okay fine. But let's start building things and bringing these boxes to the places they belong to." I said and he nodded.
Word count: {1,166 words}