Prologue [0.5]

"Love makes me crazy, restless, dumb and paranoid..."

~Ariana Grande, You're My Only Shawty

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎶 PIA ULIANO 🎶

"Happy birthday, smelly!" my best friend, Adrian Wilson, cheered, grinning at his nickname for me, and knowing damn well that I didn't like it. 

You see, my full name is Pia Uliano, and guess the initials for that. Yup, it's P.U., and Adrian gets every moment to holler that out loud and embarrass me.

He saw my mock-glare at him and laughed his full-hearted chuckle. He does everything I repeat in my brain punctually: he closes his eyes, clutches his stomach, and his pearly whites show without a single care. I look up at him with admiration showing in my forest green eyes and quickly rubbed them pretending to be tired, but I was fully awake.

"Aw, c'mon you sleepyhead! It's your 13th birthday!!" He told me, jumping up and down. He was wearing grey sweats, a plain, white tee-shirt, a pink birthday hat, Nike slippers (chanclas) and a huge smile.

All I could think was: What kind of freaking mythical creature wakes up looking like a Greek God?

"Alright Durian." I say the nickname for him, and smile when he pouts. I climb off my bed but tripped because of my lightheaded brain. You know when your brain and legs don't register at the same time? Well yeah, that's whats happening right now.

When your legs don't work like they used to before...

My face almost touched the ground until my prince charming - cough - my best friend catches me, arm snaked around my waist, and his breath fanning my warm neck.

"Be careful, smelly." he says, ruining the moment. 

Of course he wouldn't like to be in that position, he only thinks we're best friends, not a couple!

Scolding myself, I thank him and rush to the bathroom right outside of my room. I close the bathroom door gently, and slide my body slowly down the door and when my bottom finally reaches the floor, I bury my head in my hands and sob.

~

"Make a wish! Make a wish!" Adrian urged, while I rolled my eyes at his immature attitude.

"OK, OK, geez!" I told him, shutting him up while I closed my eyes and wished for the two things I can't have in this world.

Having a perfect family again.

And.

Adrian Wilson.