She's so Gone [03]

"So it looks like the joke's on you, 'cause the girl that you thought you knew... She's so gone!"

~Naomi Scott, She's so Gone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🎶 PIA ULIANO 🎶

4 YEARS LATER...

"Hurry up!" I urged my best friend, Carmen Anderson. We were currently preparing for a musical.ly and Carmen was taking forever with her hair and makeup. "We're just doing a musical.ly, jeez, Carmen. We're not going to go see your crush what's-his-name."

"Oh but I am." she grins, tapping away on her phone while I look at her with a look only she can understand. Finally, what seems like ages, she shows me her screen. The profile picture was indeed her crush, Max Williams. I can't help but laugh at her playfulness while she hands me her phone.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do." she tells me, handing me a piece of paper. Studying it, I see that it's a paper with lyrics for a song named, "Never Forget You" by Zara Larsson ft. MNEK.

"I want you to sing."

"No, what the hell? Just pick the audio where Zara sings!" I argue. The last time I posted a cover of something on the internet was 3 years ago. I waited for the dipshit (Adrian) to post a video of him and his whereabouts on our YouTube account, TheSingingDuo, but did that ever happen? No.

And so I decided to stop posting covers of myself, or me playing an instrument, but I haven't stopped singing. Singing and music will always be in my heart.

"You have to stop obsessing over your crush what's his name!" she yells, repeating the exact words I had said a minute ago. She was right, I did have to get over the fact that he will never like me back and we... ugh, there's no 'we' anymore. The both of us will never work out.

He hasn't texted back, and I wait for his calls, everyday, sitting near my phone and just waiting. Waiting for at least one text, but nothing.

"I said, no." I repeat, but then see Carmen's puppy eyes. "UGH, FINE!" I groan loudly, while she giddily hands me her phone again.

"Okay, record yourself singing." she says, while I roll my eyes.

"How does this have to do with anything about you?" I ask her, and she just shakes her head disappointedly

"This, my friend, has to do with everything. First, you are going to sing. Next, you are going to write a description saying, 'Hacked by your lovely best friend, Miss Uliano.' and post that on my account." she tells me, looking at her nails and pursing her lips.

"W-wow. I never knew you could say something smart." I jested, and added mockingly, "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVERRRR," while she slaps me in the arm.

"Study the lyrics, I'll be back. I gotta go pee." she tells me, and runs out the door.

Typical Carmen, I shook my head and smiled amusedly.

I held the sheet directly in front of my face and read the lyrics carefully. Stanza by stanza. The first couple of lines read: