Chapter One - I BEG Your Pardon?

Chapter One: I BEG Your Pardon?

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Proverbs 19:17 - Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Amaris, a twenty-four-year-old socialite lives alone in her penthouse apartment, which she got as a gift from her parents when she decided to be 'independent'. She mostly gets her money from her rich parents but she was forced to manage one of the restaurants that her parents owned. But she's smart, she pays someone to do the job for her coz she doesn't have time for the serious and boring stuff.

She lives because she knows that she can only do it once, YOLO.

One morning, while she's wrestling with her hangover from getting wasted last night, she decided to fill her body with a good amount of caffeine from the coffee shop down her apartment. She went out wearing her over-sized old white cardigan over her black nighties, thick gray mid-calf socks, and a slip-on bedroom slippers. Her face was unwashed and her eye makeup was all over her face. She didn't find the time in washing it off coz of drunkenness. She was at her unsightliness look.

The sultriness of the summer intensified the throbbing of her head. Because of the intense headache, the only thing she can focus on was her fluffy bedroom slippers' stepping in front of the other and it continues. This has removed her attention to the guy who was briskly walking towards her direction while looking at his wristwatch. And it was obvious on what's gonna happen next.

The impact of their bodies colliding caused Amaris' cup of coffee to be squeezed in between them, spilling its content to the guy's all-white outfit. Her mouth dropped as she witnessed how the coffee-stained the white long sleeves button-down shirt and white pants. She slowly traveled her eyes to the mess she has caused but her attention was quickly driven to the guy's amazingly shaped chest and toned abs. She made an 'ooohhh' reaction in her mind. She lifted her head to see the guy's face and oh wow he was gorgeous. She first noticed his very expressive deep-set eyes and his gorgeously slicked-back brown hair. Adding to his manliness was his clean-shaven face and chiseled jawline. He was perfect. He looked very decent and incredibly hot, except for the hot coffee stain all over his clothes.

 He looked very decent and incredibly hot, except for the hot coffee stain all over his clothes

"Oh! I'm sorry!" said Amaris before she forgot and be overwhelmed by his attractiveness.

The guy was shocked at first and there was a pinch of pain on his face but when he looked up to her, his face softens. He smiled and revealed his full set of white teeth which emphasizes his naturally pink sexy lips. He took out his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the stains as if it would change anything.

"It's okay lady. It doesn't matter, I can always change these clothes but I guess that spilled coffee is much more important," He said.

She was about to tell him that it doesn't matter coz she can afford to purchase another one but it's too late when he took her hands and placed a five hundred bill on her palm. She looked at him, confused. She should be the one paying him for a dry clean service, at least.