Chapter Three : Church Service

[A/N: I made a rough edit, so I'm sorry if you will encounter some grammatical errors. Will work in thoroughly editing it.]

Chapter Three: Church Service

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Matthew 16:18 ESV

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

06:00AM

This hour is like the 2 AM regular sleep for Amaris, where she experiences a very deep sleep.

She was dreaming about herself jumping from a group of fluffy clouds to the other. She was alone but she felt so happy. Her laughter was echoing around the sky-like dome. Woooohhhoooo!!!! But all of those good feelings was interrupted by a persistent doorbell ring. It was being pressed non-stop. She flung her eyes open and growl. The doorbell continues. Heavy it might have been for her to get up but she pushed herself out of the bed. She looked at the digital wall clock in her room and it's just 06:00AM.

Who the glob are you!?? She grabbed her glass ball displayed on her coffee table, intending to smash it to whoever is at her front door. She unlocked the 1st lock, the 2nd and lastly turned the doorknob while raising her right hand ready to throw the glass ball. When she pulled her door open her entire family, from her parents to Antoine and his family blasted in and she was left surprise and groggy while blankly staring at the hallway outside her apartment.

"What are you waiting for? Fix yourself," her loud mother screamed while lowering the papers bags she was carrying on her countertop.

Amaris turned her head and saw how disruptive her apartment became. She needed to close her eyes to set her mind, that at this moment her apartment would not be like the safe haven she loved. That it would be total chaos now that her niece started to howl while enclosed in her Dad's arms and her mother's non-stop blabbering, plus Antoine's furrowed brows. Her brain felt like exploding and she's getting furious because of her interrupted dream and lack of sleep, "Why are you all here? And what's that mom?"

"Verline and I thought of having a good family Sunday breakfast before you go to church," her mom explained while ignoring her bad mood and rummaging her cupboards and drawers.

Amaris placed her right hand over her head and made a frustrating scratch coz she forgot about the church her family had insisted her to go. Why do they even bother inviting her to this freaking church? As if it will change anything.

"Gosh, you guys are so annoying! It's 6 am for heaven's sake!" she exclaimed as she widely gestures on how furious she was.

Antoine walked towards Amaris and pulled her shoulders leading her to her bedroom, "Quit shouting woman and fix yourself! You better get out for our breakfast or I will ruin this door to drag you out."

She glared at Antoine and he did the same. They were battling on who will raise the white flag in their glaring war. But she knows that Antoine and how annoying he could be and how he will not give up the fight. They stayed that way for almost a minute.

"You two, stop being childish!" her mother shouted.

Verline pulled Antoine away and smiled at Amaris. She adjusted her mad face and calmed herself. She liked Verline because she's just so gentle and she doesn't want to annoy her or something. She really wondered why she married her brother. They're like opposite poles and she deserved someone better than her demanding, short-tempered and bossy sibling.