Chapter Two: Invite

Chapter Two: Invite

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Colossians 3:23 -Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Her body was reacting to the loud boom of music at Rita's party. She felt the cold wet bottle of beer slither down her right hand because of the lotion she applied earlier. Her date, Arnold was comfortably sitting beside her with his hands around her waist.

"Can't help but to dance, eh?" he provocatively whispered to her right ear.

"You know I love dancing but this bottle is not yet enough for me to join that crowd," Amaris answered while adjusting the bottle on her hand and grabbing more tissue on the table to wrap it around the bottle.

"You know babe, I know a dance which will not require you to be drunk," Arnold breathes to her ear which sent shivers down her spine.

She answered him with a light giggle. She pushed herself closer to him and they were both sending each other signals that they don't have to verbalize.

At her peripheral, Amaris noticed a figure swaying towards them, she turned her head to its direction and she saw Rita who was already blushing coz of drunkenness. She was drunk running but stumbled to her last step and ended up on Arnold's lap.

"Hik! Shorry," Rita mumbled her insincere apology and draped her arms around Arnold's neck. She adjusted herself on his lap.

"Too early to get drunk on your birthday," Amaris sarcastically spoke.

She can't help but notice Rita's smoldering gaze towards Arnold's beautiful face. Her date was polite but his uneasiness with Rita's sharp stare was so evident. Arnold's not a flirt type of guy. His good looks conceal the loyal geek in him.

"You look veeeery handsome," Rita emphasizes while she pouted and looked at Amaris.

She knew the meaning of that facial expression. Rita has this tendency to grab and take hold and mostly it's what Amaris' owned or wanted first. From prom dresses, shoes, bags, etc. But she just let her, though sometimes it ticks her off Amaris knew that once she gave way, her second choice would be better. And that's the choice that she will never give up, her second choice.

Oh you are my bff but I won't let you bitch me off. Amaris raised her eyebrow and extended her lip muscle to form a smile.

"Where's my gift?" Rita slowly stretched her left arms towards her as if begging for something.

Glob I forgot about the gift! Urgh!. She exclaimed in her mind but still kept her composure for Rita not to notice. Rita is the type of brat that doesn't accept belated gifts. She placed her beer on the table and exhaled. She closed her eyes and bit her lips. She felt Arnold's hand on her and he lightly squeezed it. She opened her eyes and looked at him. He smiled at her with a distress signal.

Arnold was her baby boy toy. They met inside a library, which she didn't notice that it was a library at first. He was holding four heavy books that time and his flexed muscle didn't escape her hawk eyes. She approached him and asked what the place was. She even remembers how he reacted that moment, he looked half surprised and suspicious. But when he saw how confused she was he started laughing at her.

 But when he saw how confused she was he started laughing at her