Chapter 12 KENDRA

With sunlight setting on the day, I prance into my room. The sea blue walls greet me as the cool breeze slides through my window. Pressing play on my iPod, the pink beats pill speaker sings the songs guy on the "date night" playlist created especially for this moment. Plopping on my bed, I kick off my black and pink Nike air max sneakers with black footie socks letting my poor hot toes breathe. My purple exercise leggings cling to my recently toned thighs by the sweet badge I earned from a hard workout I just came from just like the exercise crop top on my torso. I pull the hair band out of my now wavy hair and stand up to stretch. Reaching my arms into the air I pull toward the sky and hold. Glancing over I see my reflection in the mirror.Some might say I'm perfectly built. 5'5 ,long legs, an even amount of chest and behind, a toned tummy, all in a hourglass or "coke bottle d" shape with a cute face. My skin tone is fair, chocolate brown with slim to no zits and light brown eyes. Full lips that make lip gloss pop and could make any man mine with one bite. I've been told my skin feels like the finest silk or my voice like angels but all I can see is a girl. A short black girl with crazy hair and highlights she wishes were natural. A body only this way by hard work and only for sex appeal to 'achieve a wider audience and more fans' blah blah blah. Who says I want fans that want to have sex with me? I love the fans I have. The funny ones that tweet me like we're best friends and are real with me. Who are closest to the real me than anybody in Hollywood's world, they are so much to me and I love them more than they could possibly know and I wish I could show them and tell them everything. My struggles, my ups and my downs I've been through before I got here. Why I had to change ny everything to escape the life I used to live and why I have a parole officer that will jail ME the second I miss a meeting. Why I know what jail is like and why I must have a window open wherever I go. Why I have horrible dreams of before and how I'm sickened by the person I used to be. Why this date with Tré Melvin feels like I'm going to heaven in a dress made of clouds. Why I love him forreal. Love the person he is, his beautiful heart and don't even get me started on that godlike body of his. Why I have to look the best I ever have tonight when we go out. I have to keep striving and working and grinding for everything I want and need. I will never ever give up because I am still breathing. I have this chance that not many could ever receive and I will take advantage of every opportunity I am handed or that is put in my vision. THAT is a promise. Even if I must have this body to get it, just another tool for my hustle.One hard look at myself in the mirror and a slap on the behind solidified my thoughts.

-NEW TEXT-

Tré: almost ready??

Me: Def. I will be in 30 mins, maybe 45 because of makeup and hair

Tré: leave your hair natural, The way God gave it to you and your face the same. What do you wanna do on our date? You are princess for the night

Me: Aww, I don't really mind anything. I wanna talk tho so no clubs or movies

Tré: I have the perfect idea. Dress formal casual, and I'll see Ya in 30 princess k ;)

Me: Kay

Inside my mind: HAHDBFNEKWODBDNWOQOWIFNSMWODIFBFN YAS LAWD YAS LAWD YAS YAS LAWD. HE CALLED ME PRINCESS K, LIKE AN OFFICIAL NICKNAME FROM HIM TO ME OMFG YAS. I bunny hop around my room clapping Like a seal into the bathroom and turn on the shower. Stepping into the hot water ,my skin gets goosebumps and I twirl under the showerhead, the water droplets dance off of my skull and from my curly hair. Lathering up my washcloth with the dove soap, I clean off my recently sweat covered body and prepare for an amazing night. I lift my arm and wash & shave my underarm (must be hairless) repeating For the right side. Squirting a quarter sized amount of shampoo into my hand, I massage the chemicals into my scalp to clean and hydrate my poor hair and rinse. Every step of this shower is done in care and carefully to insure the best hygiene results for Mr.Melvin. I hop out of the shower turning off the water and wiping THE foggy mirror. I know I know, Tré said no make-up but he didn't mean the bare essentials to right?? Nahh. I unzip my black coach makeup bag and rifle through it to until I pull out my bare essentials: black eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss. I wrap a towel around myself and apply a thin line of eyeliner to my bottom lids and a thicker line to my top eyelids. Unscrewing the lid to my falsies mascara and wiggling the brush along my oh so thin eyelashes that I hate. The mascara fills my eyes with the eyelashes I wish I naturally had. To finish it off, I apply 6 dots of shimmer gloss 3 on each lip and rub it in. I pour some hair olive oil into my palm rubbing it in my hands and through my hair. Now, to get dressed. Running to my closet I spot the perfect thing. A sky blue strapless Highlow lace sundress with a white slip underneath. Not too dressy but not too casual. Sliding on my silver woodwedge heels I assess myself in the mirror. Looking at myself all I can do is smirk. I feel like "baddie" by the OMG Girls should be playing in the background ,that kinda bad. I stuff my makeup bag, wallet, phone and keys into my purse right as the doorbell rings. Just in time. I run hastily down the wooden spiral staircase with my shoes clicking with each step. Reaching the bottom I stop, straighten my dress and take a deep breath. Runway strutting to the kitchen, I arm my alarm system and turn off the lights. I'm so excited I may burst. I turn the knob and open the door.

"Damn baby , you look so fine. All that sexy for me?"

My mouth drops to the floor. My heart is racing and not in a good way, trouble is standing in my doorway and its spelled.....

RAY.