Chapter 11 (Kendra)

"BEFORE YA CAME INTO MY LIFE I MISSED YA SO BAD. I MISSED YA SO BAD I MISSED YA SO SO BAD "

My voice echos through the bathroom as the warm pulsing water rains onto my body from the shower. This is the best wake up technique I know, a hot shower and pop music kicks ya day off right! Showing off my worst dancing moves to my bar of soap and bottle of shower gel, I continue my sings of happiness. Today is gonna be a great day and I know it. Waking up to a text from Tré just sets it all off! Our date is today and I'm on cloud 999 from this natural high. I feel like I could run a marathon or start a business all today. That "Gimme what you got universe 'Cause I'm ready for WHATEVER" type of energy. As Carly Rae Jepsen Fades from the speaker the next song to come one makes me SCREAM !

"EM BEE ON MY NECKLACE JAYS ON MY FEET! MONEY ON MY MIND BPM ON THE BEAT! YEAAAAHHHH COP THIS ONE AND REACH FOUR BARS IN THE INTRO COURTESY OF ME ROC! AHHHHH" Hook it up by mindless behavior will FORVER AND ALWAYS be my shit. I'm shout/singing at the top of my lungs with prodigy and my phone. The old mindless behavior was so perfect but they changed up on me. The guys are pretty much the same, except rayan who is way too full of himself but whatever. I'll jam to the #1 Girl CD until I can't stand it anymore. Dancing out of the shower into my room the music still cloaks me like the towel around my waist. I need to call auntie J and do my monthly check in today too unfortunately. Throwing on some loose sweat pants and a crop top I skip to the kitchen. I needs some FOOD cause a sister is starved. Opening up my cabinets reminds me of wal-Mart. So many bags and boxes of different foods everywhere. But out of the food I have what I really want is. .....POPTARTS! The wildberry kind are my favorite. I grab a packet out of the box and being to open the plastic holding my breakfast.Healthy right? Healthy smealthy if I want pop tarts imma eat pop tarts. Taking a bite into processed deliciousness,I dial aunt j' s number

"Helllooooooooooooo? " her sweet accented voice sings. My sweet Haitian auntie is my rock in my life right now.

"Hey aunt j!"

"Is that my Kendra? ! My sweet kendi candy? "

"Yes auntie jam! Its Me! How are you and uncle niall?"

"I'm good. You know ya uncle is crazy. I don't know why I married this crazy British boy but I love him to pieces, that might have something to do with it."

"Hahahaha I think so. How are the others?"

"Everyone's okay, maya passed earlier this week."

"Maya who?"

Aunt J tells me about the girl Maya who died and I regain a small bit of memory with her. We used to play at church together when we were smaller, Such a shame. She was a sweet girl too.Last I heard she had a no good boyfriend but I can't talk when I claim Ray.

"That's too bad aunt j"

"Really Is but how are you my kendi candy?"

"I'm okay, it's hard out here without you, mama, and uncle niall. I miss home so much and..and....." I start to choke up. I can feel the tears coming from the burning behind my eyes. There's not one call to aunt j that doesn't have crying in it.

"I know honey I know. But you can not come back here. We love you so much that's why your momma moved you to L.A. to get away from this life. That poor girl Maya Lee died in her living room from and overdose of crystal meth with that no good boyfriend in the next room layed up with some tramp, both of them high. You need to keep on going for a better life. You deserve the world and doing what you doing is the closest way you got to getting it. Your talent is God given and deserves to be showed to the world. I know it gets hard but you have got to stay strong for me. Even if not for me, stay strong for your momma. She loved you enough to leave everything she's ever known to start over and have a better life for you. Keep on pushing honey, you're too close to quit now."

I needed to hear that from aunt j. Sjes always been wise and knows what to say just like momma. They're just alike no wonder they're sisters.

"Thank you aunt J. I needed to hear that right now."

"No problem honey you know I'm always here to.....OWW! DAMNIT SAMMY QUIT"

"HAHAHAHAHA still watching kids I see"

"Child yes, and they think my boobs are toys and my booty is a jungle gym. God forbid I bend over in front of one of them crazy little suckers will hop on for a ride. The curse that comes with boobs a shape and a booty like BEYONCEEEE"

"WERK GIRL YAAAAASSSSS"

"Hahaaaa! You know it girl"

"I wish I had a body or was half as pretty as you are aunt j."

"Now stop that, you know you're beautiful"

"I hear it a lot but I never really believed it. "

"Just remember, God makes no mistakes. You were made just how you're supposed to be in the vision of perfection. "

"I will. On the upside I met a man."

"A MAN? so you ditched the twig?"

"Hahahhaha no aunt j I'm still with ray"

"-mumbles curses- well tell me about this man."

"His name is Tré, Tré Melvin. "

"TRÉ MELVIN? THAT HUNK OF YES LAWD FROM YOUTUBE?"

"that's the one!"

"Ooh Kendra, great catch. "

"I know, we have a date tonight"

"Then why you yapping on the phone with me? GO GET READY !

"Okay,I love you much"

"Much more than what?"

"Much more than life"

"LIKE A BUTCHER LOVES HIS KNIFE " we say in unison. I hear aunt j's air kisses and one last shout before I end the call. Even on the phone I still got a lot done, I cleaned the house, did laundry, did my online grocery shopping all while talking to aunt j. I still have to work out and find an outfit for my date tonight and its already 3. I have 3 hours to prepare for my dream , better get to it! Not letting anything kill this. I put my phone down and run to the room to get ready when not 30 seconds later it buzzes. I tap the screen and open the message

-New message from RAY-

Hey, me you dinner tonight at 6:30 look sexy

-end of message-

FML no HELL NO ! ITS MY TRÉ NIGHT NO RAY OF DEATH

I text a quick bullshit excuse to get out of it and skip to the shower. He don't care about me anyway,time to give someone new a try.

------------------------------------------

The "Aunt J" character is inspired by my dear friend Jessica! follow her on Twitter @PrincetonsMafia and here @himejessica. tried to right a nice bit since I've been neglecting yall! which I'm very sorry about. keep reading & sharing this please I love you!