Dark Mass Woods

A.N.~ This is a story I wrote for my little brother several years ago. He found it not too long ago and suggested I post it on Wattpad, so here goes it!

~+~+~+~

Karla was walking home one evening down the regular route. She came to a section of her path that was closed off. The construction workers told her she'd have to take a detour for now. The only other way home was through Dark Mass Woods. Those woods, for generations, were haunted by an unknown entity that only showed itself as a giant pair of eyes. They say if you saw those giant eyes stare back at you, you would die that night.

Karla didn't believe in the legend of Dark Mass Woods, so she decided to detour through them. She was half-ways through the thick woods when a stick snapping echoed from behind. She slowly turned around as a crow flew over her head. She followed the crow to see a big pair of eyes in the trees staring at her. Karla stared back in awe and horror. She ran as fast as she could all the way home; the big eyes following her until she was out of the woods.

That night as she lay in bed, a lone crow, like the one from Dark Mass Woods, sat perched at her window sill. It cawed, which was the last thing Karla heard before she drifted off into a deep sleep. The next morning, Karla lay in her bed not breathing and white as the sheets that covered her. Resting on her non-moving chest was a sleek, black feather.