No Matter What

"You're what?" Lena asks.

"I'm pregnant," I say again, nervously. "Well, I think I am."

She shakes her head and then rubs her temples.

"I'm really sorry. I don't know how it happened," I look at Stef. "We used protection."

She nods. "It's not always one hundred percent safe, Callie."

"I know, but..."

Stef puts her hand on my back and then looks at Lena, who was still rubbing her temples.

She stops and looks at me. "How are you feeling about this? That's the most important part."

I shrug. "I have no idea. I'm happy, but I'm sad."

Lena puts her hand on my shoulder and looks at Stef and the back at me. "Why don't you go to bed and mom and I will discuss this."

I nod and lean over and kiss them both on the cheek.

"Everything's going to be okay sweetheart," Lena says.

"Yeah. We love you," Stef smiles.

"Love you too," I say before closing the door.

3rd point of view (Lena and Stef)

Lena looked at her wife, who was staring into nothing.

"What are we gonna do?" she asked.

"I have no clue," Stef replied, turing to Lena. "I think we just need to be here for her. No matter what she wants to do."

"I agree," she said, pausing a moment to think. "What if she wants to keep the baby?"

"We'll help her."

Lena agreed again.

Callie was now officially their daughter, meaning that she wanted to support Callie in anyway she could.

"I want to support her in any decision, I do, but can't I be a little mad at her?" Lena asked, wondering what Stef might say.

"Of course you can love," Stef said, taking Lena's hand. "We can be mad at her, but in the long end, I think we need to support her."

Lena nodded. "I just... I don't know."

"I know love. Now get some sleep, we'll talk more about it in the morning."

"Love you," Lena said, leaning over and kissing Stef. "Night."

"Night."

Back to Callie's point of view

I go back to my room, worrying how Stef and Lena feel.  You just sprung this huge bomb on them, you idiot. How do you think they feel? I think to myself.

When I lay down on my bed, I put my hands on my stomach. I rub it lightly. There is possibly a life growing inside me. How is this possible? Of course I know how it's possible, but... I just never thought it'd happen. Now. At least not this way.

***

When I wake up, Mariana is already gone. So, I go downstairs to see if Lena or Stef were awake.

"Morning," Lena greets me.

"Morning."

"Sleep well?"

I nod. "Yes, thank you. How about you?"

"Not so great."

"I'm sorry. I know that's probably my fault."