Coming Clean

We come into the kitchen. I think he's nervous, but he really doesn't need to be because I'm nervous enough for the both of us.

"Hey guys," Stef says as we come inside. "Everything okay?"

I look at Brandon and he looks at me. I take a deep breath and sit down.

"You guys should sit down," I say.

Brandon sits down next to me and grabs my hand under the table. Lena and Stef sit down opposite to us, looking worried.

"There's something we need to tell you guys," Brandon says, grabbing my hand harder.

I put my other hand on it, hoping it will calm him.

"Alright," Stef says, looking over at Lena.

"Uhm, there is really no easy way to say this," I start. "But-"

"Wait," says Lena. "If you're going to say what I think, please don't."

Stef looks at her. "What do you think they're going to say?"

Lena shakes her head. "I can't..."

"Brandon's... uhm... the..." I try to say.

"Oh my god," is all Stef says.

Lena stands up and starts walking back and forth. "Okay. Okay."

"We didn't mean for this to happen," Brandon explains.

Stef looks at him with anger in her eyes. "What did you expect, Brandon?"

He looks down.

"We're really sorry. We know it was a mistake," I say.

"I can't believe you two," Stef says, also standing up.

"Stef," Lena exclaims.

"What?"

"Calm down."

"Calm down? Calm down? Our daughter and son are going to have a child. Together. How am I supposed to be calm?"

"Stef, you don't have to yell at them. I mean look," she says pointing at us. "They have clearly been beating themselves up for this."

Stef shakes her head. "I'm not going to pretend like this is okay."

Lena turns to us. "Go upstairs. Callie, you go to your room. Brandon, you go to yours. Make sure your siblings are in their rooms too and do not come out until I say so."

Brandon and I nod and run upstairs.

3rd point of view (Stef and Lena)

Lena looked at Stef. "We do not have to be happy about this, but we need to be there for them."

"How are you okay with all of this?"

"I'm not. I am furious, but it doesn't help taking it out on them. They made a mistake and they know it."

"Yes, they made a huge mistake and look where that has gotten them. They now have a baby on the way."

"Stef, you need to calm down."

"I will not calm down. Our son got his adoptive sister pregnant. Pregnant Lena."

"I know. We just need to take a breath and think about this."

"I will not 'take a breathe.'"

Lena shook her head. Why was her wife being so unreasonable?

"Lena, love, they're seventeen. They're not ready to be parents."