Chapter Six:

Why hello again.

Update! Yay!

Enjoy! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER SIX: A week and a half later.

 Unknown:

He thrusts a lock-pick set at me. I take it, not sure what to do.

"What's this for, sir?" I ask, holding the set in front of me, staring questionably down at it.

"What do you think it's for, tonto?" He hisses.

I nod, now understanding. "I see."

"Bien. Vaya." He turns and walks away, leaving me seemingly alone in the deathly-silent warehouse.

 I sit silently in my black Chevrolet truck, across the street from my target. I watch through the dawn light as the girl walks out her door and turns to lock it. She bounces down the steps, coming up to her car. She hops in, and backs out into the road, soon speeding down it.

I wait until she's out of sight until I revere my engine to life, and turn down a few streets, before I park. I pull my duffel-like bag from the passenger seat and fling open my door. I jump out and swing the bag over my shoulder.

I begin sauntering back down the streets to which I have just driven down to where my elite destination lies in front of me. I silently dart for the bushes, stalking my way to the porch steps, where I make my way up them.

Once in front of the door, I set my bag down, and kneel down beside it. I quietly unzip it, pulling out some of the contents. Rubber gloves. A pick-set. And my surveillance detector. Before anything, I check for surveillance. None. My job just got easier. I slip on my gloves, rising to the door knob, pick-set in hand.

After fiddling around for a few minutes, I hear the knob fall on the inside.

I'm in.

I grab my duffle bag, and scurry inside. I turn to close the door. Setting down my bag, I kneel again and take out my night-vision mask. Can't have the neighbors suspicious with lights randomly turning on. I survey the house. I spot the smoke detector in the center of the hall. I smile sinisterly, and walk up to it. I open the hall closet carefully, and take out the step ladder. I take my screw-driver out of my pocket and unscrew the cover of the alarm. I step down and reach into my bag, grabbing four batteries. I climb up the ladder again, and take out the batteries already into the smoke alarm. There. The battery acid should sabotage the detector.

There's a crash outside. I jump. "Shit!" I hiss under my breath. Quickly, I jump down from the ladder and reach for my bag when I hear barking, and the sound of munching and chewing.

Dumb dog, I think to myself, heading back up the ladder. Almost gave me a heart attack.

I resume taking out the rest of the batteries and replacing them with the faulty ones I brought. I screw back on the lid, and put the ladder back into the hall closet.

I slowly gather my bag and everything, before creeping toward the door. I pick up the door knob that fell off, and take a minute to securely attach it back onto the door, like nothing had ever happened. I turn the lock on the knob and close the door behind me.

But then I freeze. Hand still on knob.

A dog stands bent over at the end of the driveway, digging in the garbage can.

Damn it! I think. Now how am I going to get outta here?!

Carefully, quietly, and as discretely as I can muster I head off the porch and down the steps. I head for the opposite side of the yard, farthest from the driveway where the dog is.