Chapter 20

The couch has seemed to consume me while the tv constantly has my attention. I feel like there should be more to this whole afterlife thing. I should be partying and doing fun things that won't affect me anymore but I can't, because then I would be letting Jason down. He's the only second chance at a father figure that I'm gonna get so I can't exactly do that now can I? So that's why I decide to sit on the  couch the whole weekend and after school.

Right when I was debating on changing channels there was a knock on the door. I stared at it for a little bit before glancing around and realizing that no one was gonna come answer it. Lazy assholes are probably using this as a way to get me up.

Sighing, I heaved myself out of the couch and walked over to the door and pulled it open, only to be greeted by a smiling Luc. 

"Hey Lynn, how goes the vampire life?" he asked, stepping in through the door.

Sure come on in "Well the couch shaped itself around me so id say its been pretty exciting" i answered in a bored voice and wandered back to the couch, returning to my original position.

"Good job, you got her to get up for two seconds" Damon said, walking down the stairs.

I put my arm up so it was visible to him and flipped him off then put my arm back down. 

"Good to know being a vampire has been treating you well, Lynn" Luc said, unsure of what more to say.

"Good to know fucking Rikki's got you chipper, Luc" I copied his attitude

He turned to Damon with his hands out in surrender while he said "I swear im not fucking your sister" 

Damon just shook his head and said "I know, don't worry that's just her new pissy vampire mood. She doesn't know how to control her emotions and is too content with sitting on her ass all day to even try" he said, aiming the last bit towards me.

"Mad the tv's getting more attention than you?" I asked, smirking.

"Not at all. Im shocked your ass hasn't got the couch breaking by now" he responded making me frown.

I hopped over the couch and walked towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck and getting close to him then saying "Last I checked you couldn't take your eyes off my ass long enough not to walk into the chair" 

"I was checking my phone" he argued, pushing me away from him and looking towards Luc before asking "So why are you here?"

"Oh right, I found more info about the stone. Why it broke and what not" he said looking down at the papers he was holding.

He then turned to me and said "So did you completely turn it off or what?" 

I just shrugged and stretched my arms over my head before saying "No I'm just bored and ever since Mark got me killed I'm holding a grudge on him and I don't wanna risk being alone with Rikki yet and Damon's just being annoying but if your offering..."

He smiled and said "Sorry I cant but its good to know you do still have feelings"

"Mmhmm" I said, turning back towards the couch but Damon caught my arm before I could take a step.

"Lynn, go do something. Stop sitting around" he said giving me a light push towards the stairs.

I sighed and continued walking, using the hand rail to pull myself up the stairs and towards my room. I guess I could shower, I'm pretty sure its been a little too long since my last one.

~Damon's POV~

Once Lynn was out of hearing range Luc turned to me saying "Her eyes. There's only been the myths about that. Do you think it's actually true?"