{15}

{15}

Hinata couldn't bear the idea... He couldn't bear the idea that he is either compatible with anyone, or no one. Hinata rubs his right wrist, his wrist which should have his soulmate's name on it. He has lost track of how many times his blank wrist has caused him trouble.

His blank wrist always results in people asking questions. "Did you get your tattoo removed? Did your soulmate die?" Even though the questions are annoying, Hinata can handle them. He, however, can't handle people who get scared, angry and violent...

Hinata has lost track of how many times he has been kicked, punched and just general beaten because his wrist doesn't have a name on it.

He has lost track of how many times people have said that, "only a monster wouldn't have a soulmate," and other harsh things.

Hinata does not know this, but he is not the only person with this problem. Kageyama Tobio also has this problem. Like Hinata, his blank wrist has resulted in trouble. After spending years constantly tormented, Kageyama decided...

After spending years constantly tormented, Hinata decided...

To get a name tattooed on his wrist.

Both Hinata and Kageyama spent a large amount of time trying to decide what name they should get tattooed on their wrist. What kind of name would sound realistic? What kind of name would, unlikely, have a real person attached to it?

Kageyama decided to get the name Hinata Shoyo tattooed on his wrist.

Hinata decided to get the name Kageyama Tobio tattooed on his wrist.

For many years, the fake soulmate tattoo worked. For many years, Hinata and Kageyama lead normal, pain free lives.

That was, until, a mutual friend of theirs forced them to attend a mixer at a karaoke place. There wasn't much either of them could do to get out of going... After all, they don't want anyone to know that their soulmate tattoo is fake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kageyama sits in the corner, with his arms crossed, and a frown upon his face. He doesn't want to be here... He doesn't want to be here surrounded by people who have a soulmate to look for. He doesn't want to be reminded... He doesn't want to be reminded that his tattoo is fake, and that he is either compatible with anyone or no one.

Hinata, although he doesn't want to be there, decides to make the most out of it. He talks, he laughs and he sings... He is probably the most energetic and active person within the group. He is participating so much because he wants to forget... He wants to forget that he doesn't have a soulmate to look for. He wants to forget that he is compatible with either anyone or no one.

"Hey, could you pass me that bottle of water?" Hinata asks a grumpy looking man. He looks like he doesn't want to be here... Hinata knows the feeling. The man, having nothing better to do, hands him the water.

Upon passing the water bottle to the man, Kageyama sees it...

Upon reaching for the water bottle, Hinata sees it...

His name.

Kageyama drops the water bottle. It lands on the table, rolls, and ends up on the floor. Amongst all the laughing and singing, no one notices.

No one notices Hinata and Kageyama leave so they can speak to each other without having to yell.

Knowing that it wouldn't be right for him to lead him on, he decides to tell him the truth.

"I should probably tell you something..." Hinata and Kageyama say at the same time, surprising each other. After an awkward moment of silence, Hinata ends up saying what he needs to say first. "My soulmate tattoo is fake. My wrist was blank."

With wide eyes, Kageyama says, "Me too. I thought I was the only one..." His voice trails off as his eyes start to become watery. "We ended up having each other's names tattooed or our wrists.... Do you think that it could mean that we're soulmates?"

"I don't know," Hinata says, "but I would like to find out."