The Secret

Chapter four

Amber Fishers point of view.

Poor ray. I am always getting her in trouble, it’s a wonder she is still friends with me. As she is carted off, Cleo’s seizes this opportunity and walks up the pathway. She walks straight up to the door and leans on the frame. She flicks her hair back and smirks. Sasha scuttles up next to her and stupidly pouts.

“So I see you’re emo friend got in trouble.” She says nastily.

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” I say harshly.

“You know, its such a shame. Because, well, you’re the one who was with riley. Weren’t you? And the ‘anonymous student’ probably was trying to get YOU in trouble. And, wouldn’t it be so FUNNY if that ‘anonymous student’ got evidence of you doing it.” She says far too happily. Sasha holds up her phone to reveal a picture of riley lifting my tank top off, and another almost disturbing naked shot of both of us.

“What the hell!” I exclaim.

“Well, we best be going. You might want to ponder your options here.” She turns on her heel facing directly towards Sasha.

“Move.” She demands and Sasha darts away.

“Have a good evening, loser.” She sneers.

Instead of shutting the door, I stand under the frame and wait for her to walk down the path, across our front lawn and enter her own dorm. I then step out of the house and lock the door behind me. I jog down our front path and down the lane. I love running. It lets me clear my mind and release my anger. Seeing as the school doesn’t officially start until tomorrow, I have only one thing to be angry about. Cleo Cavalier. She thinks she Is so perfect, and her whole family is too. But she is wrong. I sprint thinking about the secret, the biggest secret I’ve ever kept. The secret that can ruin so Many chances, kill so many opportunities. I fall on the ground and start crying. Why can’t I just live a normal life?

“Amber? Are…are you ok?” I look up and see Riley awkwardly standing there.

“Aren’t you supposed to be with Miss Hill?”

“Are you upset about me leaving?” he asks

“No, Riley. I’ve got a lot of problems ok? Its not always about you!” I yell.

“Do you need to talk about it?” he asks politely

“Fine.” I sigh

“In the summer I got an internship at GKL bank-“ I start. Riley cuts me off.

“Isn’t that the one Cleo’s dad is the CEO of?” he asks

“Yes. So, anyway, I was working there because I needed the extra credentials to come here again, not to mention the money. …and I slept with someone. It…it was…. It was Cleo’s dad.”

“Are you serious?” he says, shocked

 I didn’t want to though. He said the only way I could keep my job was to sleep with him. But it wasn’t just once. Every single day, he forced me to. What could I do? I needed the money, and he knew that. And you know the worst thing? He has every single time, 43 separate videos. And he is going to blackmail me even more.” I start sobbing and riley pulls me into a hug.

“Is that why earlier you couldn’t…you know? Do it?” I nod into his chest still sobbing.

“Oh…Amber. I’m so sorry.” Riley rests his chin on the top of my head, and rubs my back in small circles.

Rain starts to fall, and we just stand there hugging in the wet, and for once, I truly feel safe.

hey guys :) this ones a lil' bit short, but probably by far the most interesting chapter. so, no one has commented, so i'll give you a deal. comment/vote and ill vote for yours :)